Oh boy, do I have a treat to share with you! These Pecan Pie Bars are absolutely scrumptious and something I think you’ll want to make soon!
The shortbread crust topped with pecan pie makes an impressive addition to any holiday table or for entertaining. Even my pecan-pie-hatin’ brother-in-law loves these and my Mama requests them instead of Southern Pecan Pie now. (But, shhh don’t tell anyone or she might be evicted from the south)
Now, I love a good pie crust, but this shortbread crust is a delicious change with pecan pie that I think you might just love, too. Light, flaky, and so very easy to make that even if you are pie crust challenged, you can whip out these pecan pie bars and impress your guests.
Here’s my Southern Pecan Pie Bars recipe. You are going to love them!
- 1 recipe Shortbread Crust
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ stick butter, melted
- pinch salt
- 2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare Shortbread Crust according to recipe instructions. Press into the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Set aside.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar and mix.
- Add corn syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Add pecans and pour onto crust.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown.
I have to warn you though, these things disappear quickly! You may want to make extra!