S’mores Bars make an easy, delicious treat made with graham crackers, melty chocolate, and toasty marshmallows topping a delectable blondie crust for the ultimate treat!
When you want a special treat your family and guests will love, these easy-as-can-be S’mores Bars are a tasty recipe to try. They are filled with the much-loved melty chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and crisp graham crackers you remember from campfire smores – no campfire required! These S’mores Bars are tasty treasures you can enjoy anytime and are always a favorite!
Dessert bars are such delicious and versatile treats! They are perfect for taking to picnics, potlucks, and parties, and they make a favorite sweet snack and dessert. These S’mores Bars are easy to make and absolutely crave-worthy with the combination of chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and a golden crust. Here’s how I make them.
How to Make S’mores Bars
To make S’mores Bars, you’ll need:
- butter – softened to room temperature
- peanut butter – use creamy peanut butter
- dark brown sugar
- sugar – granulated sugar
- eggs – use large eggs
- vanilla extract – I love to use my homemade vanilla extract, but if using store-bought, be sure to use the highest quality you can. I don’t recommend using imitation vanilla flavoring as I believe it can leave a bitter aftertaste.
- flour – use all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- salt – a little salt in sweet recipes helps to balance the sweetness
- chocolate bars – use your favorite quality milk chocolate bars in extra large size
- graham crackers
- miniature marshmallows
Make the batter. Cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, and sugars with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg, followed by the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
Prep the Baking Dish. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick baking spray or has been buttered. The parchment paper lining is important – do not skip this step. Then, press 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of the baking dish.
Add the grahams. Arrange a single layer of graham crackers on top of the batter.
Layer with chocolate bars. Top the graham crackers with your chocolate. I used the extra-large milk chocolate bars. I tested the recipe with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and thicker pieces of chocolate and did not like the texture or flavor. After testing many of the other types of chocolate, we found the milk chocolate bars were, without a doubt, our favorite.
Layer on the marshmallows. Pour a whole bag of mini marshmallows on top of your chocolate layer.
Spoon on the remaining batter. Then, add the remaining batter in dollops on top of the marshmallows.
Bake. Bake your s’mores bars until done – about 30 minutes.
Let the bars cool and set. Allow the bars to cool completely so that the marshmallows and the chocolate set. I find that I get the best results by baking and allowing them to cool overnight.
Cut and serve. Using the edges of the parchment, lift your s’mores bars out of the baking dish and cut them into individual pieces. You can cut them as large or as small as you like to serve them. Most often, I like to cut them into smaller pieces than shown in the photo so that I have 24 individual pieces.
Make Ahead and Storage Instructions
Place completely cooled bars in an airtight container and store them on the countertop for 3 to 5 days.
I do not recommend freezing because the bars contain marshmallows.
More Favorite Cookies and Dessert Bars
Here’s my S’mores Bars Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
S’mores Bars Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 XL-sized chocolate bars, unwrapped
- 17 – 20 graham crackers
- 1 (10-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick baking spray or has been buttered.
- Cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, and sugars with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg, followed by the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Press half of the blondie batter into the pan.
- Arrange the following on top of the blondie batter in layers. Graham crackers, topped with the chocolate bars, a single layer of the miniature marshmallows, and finally topped with the remaining blondie batter. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from the oven to cool.
Make Ahead and Storage InstructionsStore cooled S’mores Bars in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.