S’mores bars make an easy, delicious treat made with graham crackers, melty chocolate and toasty marshmallows topping a delectable blondie crust for the ultimate treat!
If you are looking for a special treat that is always a crowd favorite, then I think you’ll love these easy as can be s’mores bars! Filled with all the favorite campfire s’mores flavors of chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers without having to go camping, these s’mores bars are an absolute treasure! If you loved my peanut butter cup blondies, then you will absolutely adore this recipe!
How to Make Easy S’mores Bars
To make these s’mores bars, you’ll need to begin by making your peanut butter blondie batter. To the blondie batter, you are going to add the classic s’more ingredients of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows.
Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick baking spray or has been buttered. Press 3/4 of the blondie batter into the bottom of the baking dish.
Arrange a single layer of graham crackers on top of the blondie batter.
Top the graham crackers with your chocolate. I used the XL Hershey’s bars in milk chocolate. I tested the recipe with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and thicker pieces of chocolate and did not like the texture or flavor that it left in these bars. After testing and testing (rough life, huh?), the entire team agreed that the milk chocolate Hershey’s bars were hands down our favorite.
Pour a whole bag of mini marshmallows on top of your chocolate layer.
Then, add the remaining blondie batter in dollops on top of the marshmallows.
Bake your s’mores bars and then resist the urge to immediately dig in! You’ll need to allow your bars to fully cool so that the marshmallows and the chocolate set. I like to bake and then allow to cool overnight.
Using the edges of the parchment, lift your s’mores bars out of the baking dish and cut into individual pieces. You can cut them as large or as small as you life to serve them. I generally like to cut them into smaller pieces than in the photo so that I have 24 individual pieces.
Make Ahead Instructions
Prepare according to the recipe instructions and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 5 days.
These bars are soooooo delicious and are always a hit whenever I serve them!
Here’s my S’mores Bars Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
S’mores Bars Recipe
- 12 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 XL-sized Hershey Bars unwrapped
- 17 – 20 graham crackers
- 1 (10-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, and sugars with an electric mixer until well combined and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg, followed by the vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Press half of the blondie batter into the pan.
- Arrange the following on top of the blondie batter in layers. Graham crackers, topped with the Hershey's Bars, a single layer of the miniature marshmallows, and finally topped with the remaining blondie batter. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from the oven to cool.
Store S’mores Bars in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.