This Coconut Macaroons Recipe is so easy and makes the chewiest and most delicious coconut macaroons! Made with just five ingredients, these golden brown cookies are perfect for coconut lovers!
Coconut Macaroons have always been one of my favorite cookie recipes, especially when I need a quick and simple cookie. They are perfect for whipping together when you need to bake cookies that don’t require a lot of ingredients or time! And if you have a coconut lover in your family, this coconut macaroon recipe is just perfect!
Coconut Macaroon Recipe
I’ve always been a fan of coconut. From main dishes like my Baked Coconut Shrimp to desserts like Coconut Cream Pie always delight me. And these Coconut Macaroons are delicious favorites as they are great to serve during holidays or to share as a sweet homemade gift with friends. Besides that these chewy and super simple cookies are the perfect anytime!
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
To make these scrumptious cookies, you only need 5 ingredients.
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Sweetened Flake Coconut – This sweet, moist coconut tastes delicious and gives the cookie a chewy texture.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – if not using my homemade recipe, you can use your favorite brand
- Vanilla Extract – I love to use my homemade vanilla extract, but if using store-bought, be sure to use the highest quality you can. I don’t recommend using imitation vanilla flavoring as I believe it can leave a bitter aftertaste.
- Egg Whites – These work with the coconut to give this delicious cookie a chewy inside and a crispy outside.
- Salt – a little salt in sweet recipes helps to balance
Prep. Preheat your oven to 325º F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
Mix. In a large mixing bowl, add your coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract and combine. Then in another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
Add Egg Whites. Next, you will use a rubber scraper to fold the beaten egg whites into the bowl with the coconut mixture. Fold until well combined, but please be careful not to over-mix.
Scoop. Gather your parchment-lined baking sheets and scoop a tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto the parchment, forming a mound with each. Repeat this process with the remaining cookie mixture, making sure to leave 1 inch between each coconut macaroon.
Bake. Then bake the macaroons in the preheated oven until the tops are golden and the cookies are set, which will be around 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
Serve or Store. Serve cooled cookies and enjoy!
Storage and Freezer Instructions
To store. Place cooled cookies in an airtight container and store them for up to 7 days.
To freeze. Place completely cooled cookies on parchment in layers in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To serve after freezing. Before serving, remove from freezer container and allow to thaw and come to room temperature before serving.
Need some ideas for those leftover egg yolks? Make sure to store the yolks in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use them within 2 days. My Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream, Lemon Curd, Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce, and Chocolate Mousse all use egg yolks. And they are always delicious added to your Scrambled Eggs!
More Delicious Coconut Recipes
From a quick search here on Add a Pinch for coconut, you’ll soon see that I love so many dishes made with this ingredient!
Here are a few of my other coconut recipes I hope you will enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Nests – these are great to make with kids for Easter!
Here’s my favorite Easy Coconut Macaroons Recipe. I hope you and the coconut lovers in your life enjoy them as much as my family does!
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites and the salt with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the coconut mixture using a rubber scraper. Fold until well combined, but take care not to overmix.
- Scoop a tablespoon full of the coconut mixture and place into a mound on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Leaving 1 inch between the coconut macaroons, repeat until the pans are filled. Bake in preheated oven until the tops are golden and the cookie is set, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.