Easy Coconut Macaroons Recipe – These easy coconut macaroons are made with just five ingredients. Golden brown, they are light, chewy and filled with flavorful coconut!
Coconut macaroons have always been a favorite quick and easy cookie recipe. They are perfect for whipping together when you need an easy cookie recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or time! And if you have a coconut lover in your family, this coconut macaroon recipe is just perfect!
Coconut Macaroon Recipe
I’ve always been a fan of coconut. From main dishes like my Baked Coconut Shrimp, to desserts like Coconut Cream Pie , pass me a fork and I’m a happy girl. And like I said, coconut macaroons have always been a favorite. They are always great to serve during holidays or to share as a sweet homemade gift with friends. But when you crave a delicious, chewy and super simple cookie, these are the perfect cookies anytime!
How to Make the Best Macaroons
To make these cookies, you only need these 5 ingredients:
- Sweetened Flake Coconut
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Egg Whites
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat your oven to 325º F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add your coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract and combine. Then in another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
Next, you will use a rubber scraper to fold the beaten egg whites into the bowl with the coconut mixture. Fold until well combined, but please be careful to not over mix.
Gather your parchment-lined baking sheets and scoop a tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto the parchment, forming a mound with each. Repeat this process with the remaining cookie mixture, making sure to leave 1 inch between each coconut macaroon.
Then bake the macaroons in the preheated oven until the tops are golden and the cookies are set, which will be around 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Can You Freeze the Cookies?
These macaroons are great to freeze for later!
After they have completely cooled, store them in an airtight, freezer safe container, using parchment paper between the layers of cookies. Freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw before serving.
Other Delicious Coconut Recipes
From a quick search here on Add a Pinch for coconut, you’ll soon see that I love so many dishes made with this ingredient!
Here are a few of my other coconut recipes I hope you will enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Nests (great to make with kids for Easter!) and several more favorite recipes!
Here’s my favorite Easy Coconut Macaroons Recipe. I hope you and the coconut lovers in your life enjoy them as much as my family does!
Easy Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg whites and the salt with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the coconut mixture using a rubber scraper. Fold until well combined, but take care not to overmix.
- Scoop a tablespoon full of the coconut mixture and place into a mound on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Leaving 1 inch between the coconut macaroons, repeat until the pans are filled. Bake in preheated oven until the tops are golden and the cookie is set, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.