Bacon wrapped asparagus makes a delicious side dish. On the table in less than 30 minutes, this makes an easy and elegant asparagus recipe perfect for entertaining.
If you need a new way to serve asparagus that is sure to get your kiddos to devour it, then this just might be what you are looking for. For years, I could depend on Sam gobbling up asparagus any time that I served it, but then, for some unknown reason (teenage years – cough), he began getting picky about it.
So, I did what I always do when that happens. I added bacon.
Seriously though, if there is one thing that I can depend on it is his unwavering love of bacon.
The bacon adds another delicious, salty, rich flavor to the asparagus that makes it irresistible, even to my son who isn’t so sure about asparagus at the moment.
Here’s my Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe. I think you might enjoy it, too!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 18-20 stalks asparagus
- 3-4 slices bacon, cut in half to make 6-8 pieces, thick-cut bacon recommended
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Wrap 3-4 stalks with a piece of bacon. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and repeat until all asparagus stalks have been wrapped with bacon pieces.
- Whisk together olive oil and Stone House Seasoning and pour over asparagus bundles. Toss lightly to coat.
- Bake until asparagus is cooked through and bacon is done, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.