This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Baked Eggplant Parmesan Stacks make a mighty delicious main dish that everyone will love! This quick and easy dish comes together in less than 30 minutes!
My friend Gina’s new cookbook, SkinnyTaste Fast and Slow just released a few days ago and when I received it I had the hardest time deciding just what to make first from it. It is packed full of gorgeous recipes that are written for busy families as they fit into one of two categories – they are fast (ready in less than 30 minutes) or they are slow (made entirely in the slow cooker).
As I was pouring over every page of the book, I came upon this recipe for Baked Eggplant Parmesan Stacks that immediately caught my eye!
You may remember that the eggplant in my garden has been going gangbusters and I’ve been making something delicious with eggplant at least a couple of times a week since late summer! So, it was a Godsend to find this recipe in Gina’s beautiful book!
To make this delicious dish, you begin with fresh eggplant that you slice into 1/2-inch thick slices. Then, spritz (or brush) both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking sheet.
These slices are then baked for about 8 minutes per side.
While the slices are baking, go ahead and stir together the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, and basil and set aside.
To make the stacks, you leave 8 of the largest slices on the baking sheet, top with a tablespoon of marinara sauce, a tablespoon of the cheese mixture and two spinach leaves. For the next layer, add another eggplant slice, more marinara, cheese mixture and spinach leaves. Top with the final eggplant slice, more marinara, and cheese mixture. Then, bake until the cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
Here’s the Baked Eggplant Parmesan Stacks recipe. It makes a mighty delicious meatless main dish you are sure to love!
Baked Eggplant Parmesan Stacks Recipe
- Olive oil
- 2 large eggplants about 3 pounds total
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 32 baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray or mist with olive oil.
- Trim the ends off the eggplant and slice each crosswise into twelve 1/2-inch-thick rounds to get 24 rounds total. Lightly spritz (or brush) both sides with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown on both sides, 8 to 9 minutes per side. Transfer all but the largest 8 rounds of eggplant to a plate.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cheeses and basil.
- Make stacks by ladling 1 tablespoon marinara sauce onto each of the 8 eggplant slices on the baking sheet. Top with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture and 2 spinach leaves. Repeat to make a second layer and finish each stack with a third eggplant slice. Top each with 1 tablespoon marinara sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the stacks are heated throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.