This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This hearty, delicious Balsamic Steak Salad recipe is loaded with juicy steak, crisp greens, mozzarella, and more, all topped with a Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette. Makes a scrumptious and satisfying dinner salad!
Salads can make some of the most delicious and satisfying main dishes, especially when they are as flavorful as this Balsamic Steak Salad! My family especially enjoys hearty salads for supper during the warmer months – such as this one and my Citrus Shrimp Avocado Salad. And so many others, like my Chicken Salad with Grapes or loaded side salads, are always a favorite any time!
When you are looking for a tasty salad that’s great for serving for dinner to family and guests, then this Balsamic Steak Salad is perfect! Crisp greens and fresh vegetables are topped with tender steak for a main dish perfect for the steak lover. This salad recipe is filled to the brim with deliciousness and is always a favorite when I serve it.
How to Make Balsamic Steak Salad
This steak salad recipe comes together so quickly and easily and is always a crowd-pleaser. The key to this steak salad recipe is the balance of flavors in the salad. From the rich flavor of the steak to the creaminess of the cheese and the light bite from the onion, this salad really hits all of the notes for a delicious meal. But then, cap it all off with the balsamic vinaigrette, and it takes it right on over the top!
To make this salad, you’ll need:
- balsamic vinaigrette recipe – I think my homemade balsamic vinaigrette gives the best flavor and is quick and easy to make, but you can use another high-quality balsamic vinaigrette if you prefer
- sirloin steak – you’ll use about ¾ pound steak
- salad greens – use a mix of fresh, crisp greens
- cherry tomatoes – cut into halves
- mozzarella cheese – one 8-ounce block cut into bite-sized cubes
- red onion – one medium size, sliced thinly
- fresh basil – adds such flavor to this salad, so please do not skip this ingredient
Marinate the steak. Start by adding about ¼ cup of balsamic vinaigrette to a zip-top bag along with a steak. Remove as much of the air from the bag as possible, and make sure to coat the steak well. Then, let the steak marinate in the refrigerator overnight or all during the day to cook for dinner.
Cook the marinated steak. Either grill the steak or cook it in a skillet until it reaches the desired doneness. Use an internal temperature probe to check for your preferred level of doneness: Rare (120º F – 130º F), Medium Rare (130º F – 140º F), Medium (140º F – 150º F), Medium Well (150º F – 160º F).
Allow the steak to rest as you prepare the rest of the salad.
Prepare the salad. Arrange the salad on a large serving platter or in a large bowl. Toss in the salad greens and add all of the toppings: tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella cubes, and fresh basil. Slice the steak into strips and add those strips to the top of the salad.
Add balsamic vinaigrette to the serving container. Dispense the vinaigrette into either a salad dressing carafe, bottle, or small bowl for serving. If you use a bowl, it can tuck onto the platter as pictured. Serve and enjoy!
More Favorite Salad Recipes
Here’s my Balsamic Steak Salad Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Balsamic Steak Salad Recipe
- balsamic vinaigrette recipe
- 1 (¾ pound) sirloin steak
- 6 cups salad greens mixed
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thinly
- fresh basil
- Add steak to a zip top bag and pour in ¼ cup of balsamic vinaigrette. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Coat the steak well with balsamic vinaigrette. Chill in the refrigerator overnight or throughout the day (about 8 hours) to marinate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the zip top bag and the leftover marinade. Cook the steak on the grill or as a skillet steak to desired doneness. Use an internal temperature probe to check for you preferred level of doneness. Rare (120º F – 130º F), Medium Rare (130º F – 140º F), Medium (140º F – 150º F), Medium Well (150º F – 160º F).
- Remove the steak and allow it to rest as you prepare the remainder of the steak salad.
- Arrange the salad greens, tomatoes, cheese and red onion on a large platter or in a large salad serving bowl. Slice the steak into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on the salad. Top with fresh basil and serve with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Thank you so much and I’m going to try it,thank you