This hearty, delicious Balsamic Steak Salad recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables, mozzarella, fresh basil and topped with a Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Looking for a new and easy way to enjoy salad that is perfect for the steak lover? Well friends, this is it?! This balsamic steak salad recipe is filled to the brim with deliciousness and is always a favorite when I serve it.
Balsamic Steak Salad Recipe
This steak salad recipe comes together so quickly and easily and is always a crowd pleaser. The key to this steak salad recipe is the balance of flavors in the salad. From the rich flavor of the steak to the creaminess of the cheese and light bite from the onion, this salad really hits all of the notes for a delicious meal. But then, cap it all off with the balsamic vinaigrette and it takes it right on over the top!
How to Make Balsamic Steak Salad
To make my balsamic steak salad, I start by adding about 1/4 cup of my balsamic vinaigrette to zip top bag along with a sirloin steak (about 3/4 pound). I remove as much of the air from the bag as possible and make sure to coat the steak well with the balsamic vinaigrette as a marinade. Then, just refrigerate overnight or throughout the day to cook that evening.
Then, when ready to cook, remove the steak from the marinade and cook the steak on the grill or in a skillet until it reaches desired doneness. Use an internal temperature probe to check for you preferred level of doneness. Rare (120º F – 130º F), Medium Rare (130º F – 140º F), Medium (140º F – 150º F), Medium Well (150º F – 160º F).
Allow the steak to rest as you prepare the rest of the salad.
I like to arrange my salad to serve on a large platter. I begin by adding my salad greens and then adding all of the toppings: tomatoes, red onion, mozzarella, fresh basil, and finally my steak slices.
Add the dressing to small bowl and tuck into the salad platter for serving and your balsamic steak salad is ready!
Here’s my Balsamic Steak Salad Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Balsamic Steak Salad Recipe
- balsamic vinaigrette recipe
- 1 (3/4 pound) sirloin steak
- 6 cups salad greens mixed
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced thinly
- fresh basil
- Add steak to a zip top bag and pour in 1/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette. Remove as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Coat the steak well with balsamic vinaigrette. Chill in the refrigerator overnight or throughout the day (about 8 hours) to marinate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the zip top bag and the leftover marinade. Cook the steak on the grill or as a skillet steak to desired doneness. Use an internal temperature probe to check for you preferred level of doneness. Rare (120º F – 130º F), Medium Rare (130º F – 140º F), Medium (140º F – 150º F), Medium Well (150º F – 160º F).
- Remove the steak and allow it to rest as you prepare the remainder of the steak salad.
- Arrange the salad greens, tomatoes, cheese and red onion on a large platter or in a large salad serving bowl. Slice the steak into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on the salad. Top with fresh basil and serve with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.