This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m sure we’re like every other family with busy weeknights headed off to one activity or another or even just trying to get our vegetables transplanted into our garden before we’re too late.
(Yes, those seedlings still need to get in the ground. I keep hoping I’ll wake up one morning and it’s just been done for me. Maybe for Mother’s Day? )
But really, I know for me it seems like 5 o’clock has blasted it’s way into my house every day before I’ve had much of a chance to breathe and the minutes til dinner time move faster than any other during the day.
While I’m not one to make a complete menu plan for the month, I do have a general idea of the meals I’ll be making each night during the week. Otherwise, I think I’d still be scratching my head wondering what I am going to prepare for dinner while everyone stares at me wondering what in the world they are going to eat.
Umm, at least I bet that’s what would happen. It’s not like I really know about that or anything.
One of our favorite quick-fix meals on the busiest of nights is a simple cheeseburger salad. It’s like a magic meal it comes together so quickly.
Here’s how I make my Cheeseburger Salad recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- garlic salt
- 6 slices of your favorite cheese
- 8 cups lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup bacon cooked and chopped (optional)
- 1 small onion diced (optional)
- your favorite dressing
- Shape ground beef or turkey into patties.
- your thumb lightly into the middle of each patty to form an indention.
- Pour a dash of Worcestershire sauce over each patty.
- Sprinkle each patty with garlic salt.
- Place patties onto a grill pan or large skillet or grill.
- If including onions, add them to the pan as well. Cook meat to preferred level of doneness.
- Place sliced cheese on each patty.
- Remove from pan and drain.
- Prepare each plate with a serving of lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and onions.
- Top with cheeseburger and serve with dressing.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
And you know what?
Now that I think of it, this easy meal leaves my husband and son plenty of time to go plant those vegetables for me.
Oh boy, this looks delish! And it seems healthier too, so I can justify giving myself a little extra cheese. Great recipe – and great blog too! I’m a big fan!
This looks so good, Robyn! Saving some unnecessary carbs and loading up on veggies. I like it 😀
What a fun and great idea!
Perfect for my low carb diet~!
A deconstructed cheeseburger… love this idea, Robyn!!
Howdie! Just wanted to say thanks for a great idea. I’m on the road working and need quick easy meals. Did I mention I’m on a diet and guy? So, I need/want hearty meals that meet my diet needs. I never thought about a simple burger meal without the bun, plus you get the goodness of veggies in salad form – masking for the guys! 😉 I added a Monterey Jack Cheese w/ Jalapenos to kick it up! Perfect easy and quick meal that keeps working and not cooking or searching for something to eat!