Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
This chocolate chip blondies recipe makes a delicious, sweet treat or dessert. Filled with chocolate chips, this simple blondie recipe will become a favorite!
These chewy chocolate blondies have to be one of Sam’s favorite treats! When he was a little bitty fella, I would pull out a stool so that he could reach the counter as we made them together. Now that he towers over me, the stool gets a rest, but these chocolate chip blondies surely do not!
For my chocolate chip cookie loving son, I love to time it so they are ready right as he is walking in the door after school or bake them on finals week as a little pick me up during the long hours of studying, or when his buddies are over working on a project or just hanging out. In other words, these little blondies are one of my go-to recipes for him and he’s certainly not complaining.
I love how simple these blondies are to make and that in no time flat that we can have them mixed up, in the oven, and ready to devour!
Here’s my Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe. I hope you love them!
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups chocolate chips (dark, semisweet or milk chocolate)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the eggs, vanilla, salt, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Mix until just well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using. Spread into baking pan.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, until set in the middle and lightly golden brown. Cool on a rack until completely cooled before cutting into pieces.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published in 2014.