This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This chocolate chip blondies recipe makes a delicious, sweet treat or dessert. Filled with chocolate chips, this simple blondie recipe will become a favorite!
These chewy chocolate blondies have to be one of Sam’s favorite treats! When he was a little bitty fella, I would pull out a stool so that he could reach the counter as we made them together. Now that he towers over me, the stool gets a rest, but these chocolate chip blondies surely do not!
Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
For my chocolate chip cookie loving son, I love to time it so they are ready right as he is walking in the door after school or bake them on finals week as a little pick me up during the long hours of studying, or when his buddies are over working on a project or just hanging out. In other words, these little blondies are one of my go-to recipes for him and he’s certainly not complaining.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Blondies
- To make my chocolate chip blondies, I begin by preheating my oven and preparing my baking dish with baking spray or by lightly coating with butter and flour.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then, mix in the eggs, vanilla, salt, flour and baking powder until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and then spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until set in the middle and golden brown, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.
I love how simple these blondies are to make and that in no time flat that we can have them mixed up, in the oven, and ready to devour!
More Blondies You May Love:
Here’s my Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe. I hope you love them!
Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
- 1 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips dark, semisweet or milk chocolate
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the eggs, vanilla, salt, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Mix until just well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using. Spread into baking pan.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, until set in the middle and lightly golden brown. Cool on a rack until completely cooled before cutting into pieces.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published in 2014.
Did you change this recipe. It’s a lot different than the one I printed off several months ago. No granulated sugar, baking soda instead powder and more flour. I’m confused.
I’m wondering the same thing as Mike above ^^
I have this recipe printed off from 2014 and there is half the butter, no granulated sugar, one egg, less flour, less chocolate and no baking powder. Really different! I don’t see any notes in your post about altering/updating the recipe. I have to admit that one of the things I LOVED about the original was its limited ingredient list and simplicity.
Any particular reason for the changes? Thank you 🙂
Hi, I wondered if you can use oil instead of butter in this recipe?
These are a go to family favorite!
This recipe has been a staple to share with friends in our home, we recently moved and now our home is in Denver. Please advise how to adjust this recipe for high altitude cooking. Thank you!
Monique, you will need to make adjustments to my baking recipes for high altitudes. I live at 1000 feet. One of the best sites I have found for high altitude baking is the Colorado State University Extension. Hope this helps.
What a gooey, delicious, and mouthwatering recipe! I personally think that this recipe should earn you a baking medal 🙂
Nikki, thank you. So glad you love these blondies.
turned out great I absolutely love them recipe It couldn’t have been easier.
Thanks, Trystin. I love how easy this recipe is to make.