This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked French Toast always gets rave reviews for breakfast in the mornings, and this Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast definitely does.
Crawling out from under those warm covers is just a tad bit easier in the mornings when you know this baked French toast is on the menu. At least it is around my neck of the woods.
There’s just something about the warm and comforting smells of cinnamon, apples, and rich buttery caramel that do the trick. Not to mention that you know you’ll get a crisp, juicy bite of apple in every delicious bite!
This Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast with Caramel Sauce is perfect to serve guests visiting throughout the holidays, too. One warning though, they may decide they never want to leave!
Here’s my Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast recipe. I hope you love it!
Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast with Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 4-5 slices sandwich bread cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add bread cubes, apples, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Toss to combine. In a separate measuring cup, add milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk together with a fork and then add to the bread mixture. Stir to combine and pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- While baking, prepare caramel sauce.
- Allow baked French toast to set for about 3-5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with caramel sauce for serving.