These easy Deep Dish Pizza Cups make a fun and delicious way to serve everyone’s favorite pizza! Perfectly sized pizza for quick and easy meals, meal prep, and more!
Does your family love pizza as much as mine does? Pizza nights have always been one of our favorites and one that I can absolutely depend on my whole family and any friends loving! But you guys, if you are looking for a super easy new twist for your pizza night or even to make as a quick lunch or afternoon snack, then you need the recipe for these deep dish pizza cups! Sometimes we call them pizza muffins since they are made in a muffin pan, but whatever we call them, they are always devoured! ❤️
Table of Contents
How to Make Deep Dish Pizza Cups Recipe
One of the things that I love most is that I can easily customize these deep dish pizza cups for the people that I am serving!
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Pizza Dough – I love to use my easy homemade pizza dough recipe. It only takes a few ingredients and few minutes of hands-on time. You can also use your favorite store-bought pizza dough if you prefer.
- Pizza Sauce – I don’t always use pizza sauce for pizza, sometimes, I skip it to make my Three Cheese White Pizza as these individual pizza cups. But when I do, I prefer to use my homemade pizza sauce. That way, I can control exactly what is in it and the amount of spice.
- Cheeses – I love to use a combination of cheeses. Our favorites are ricotta or cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan. Use your favorites!
- Pepperoni – I used mini pepperoni in this recipe. You can use full-sized pepperoni and cut it in half or leave whole based on your preference.
- Your favorite pizza toppings – use your favorite pizza toppings in this recipe to make it your own! Some of the favorites are: mushrooms, sausage, bacon, ground beef, or more veggies!
- Preheat your oven and the indentions of a 12-cup muffin pan lightly with olive oil. Then, take your pizza dough and divide it into 12 equal pieces.
- Press a piece of the dough into each of the individual muffin pan indentions.
- Customize your Deep Dish Pizza Cups. I love to make at least two or three different types of deep dish pizza cups so that everyone has options. For some, I’ll add in pizza sauce on top of the pizza dough and for others I’ll add ricotta or cottage cheese. You can see the full directions per type in the written recipe card below.
Then, I top them with the cheeses.
And for some, I add pepperoni or other favorite toppings. Then bake.
Customize Your Pizza!
Make different types of pizza cups to allow people to choose their favorites!
Once they have cooked, I remove them from the oven and allow them to cool enough to be safely eaten, for about 5 minutes and serve.
To make ahead. They also make a great make-ahead meal or snack! Prepare as directed, cool, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven for 10 minutes until heated throughout and serve.
To freeze. Once they have cooled completely, place them onto a baking sheet and allow them to flash freeze for about 30 minutes. Then, package them in freezer-safe zip-top bags or containers for up to 3 months. To serve. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the oven for about 10 minutes until heated throughout.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Pizza cups freeze wonderfully. Allow them to cool completely and then follow the freezing instructions above.
You can use wonton cups, crescent rolls, bread dough or even biscuit dough in place of the pizza dough in this recipe. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
Here’s my Deep Dish Pizza Cups Recipe. Make ’em soon. What is your favorite pizza topping?
Deep Dish Pizza Cups Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with olive oil. Divide pizza dough into 12 equal portions and press each of the portions into the individual muffin cups.
- Customize your deep dish pizza cups.
Pepperoni Pizza Cups
- Top each of the pizza cups that you’d like as pepperoni pizza cups with about 1 tablespoon each of pizza sauce followed by about 2 tablespoons each of Mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Top each of the pizza cups with pepperoni pieces.
Cheese Pizza Cups
- Top each of the pizza cups that you’d like as cheese pizza cups with about 1 tablespoon each of pizza sauce followed by about 2 tablespoons each of Mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
White Cheese Pizza Cups
- Top each of the pizza cups that you'd like as white cheese pizza cups with about 1 tablespoon each of ricotta cheese or cottage cheese followed by about 2 tablespoons each of Mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the pizza cups are cooked throughout, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest about 3 – 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.