Fruit salad makes a wonderful addition to just about any meal or for a snack or even a dessert, but with whipped cream and a drizzle of honey? Oh my stars!
So simple to make, it’s easy to just customize fruit salad to the fruits you have on hand or to your personal preferences. I like to start with a base of our favorites – strawberries, blueberries, grapes, pineapple – and then add in any others that I have or that are in season.
When using fruits that easily brown once cut, such as apples or pears, I toss them into a bowl of citrus juice as soon as I cut them. Then, using a slotted spoon, I remove the fruit from the juice and add to the bowl with the rest of the fruit salad.
Once all of the fruit has been cut, I pour over a quick and simple dressing of honey and citrus.
At this point, the fruit salad is ready for serving or storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for serving that day or the next, or in the freezer for three to four days.
When ready to serve, I take a couple of routes. I either serve in small individual bowls topped with a honeyed whipped cream and honey drizzle or if serving a lot of guests and I’m not sure if they prefer the whipped cream topping or not, I just place the small individual bowls, a bowl of the honeyed whipped cream and a jar of honey alongside the fruit salad on the buffet and allow guests to serve themselves.
This fruit salad is great to have on hand for serving with breakfast, lunch or supper or even as a light snack and makes a great addition to your holiday or entertaining menu.
Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cups orange or pineapple juice
Fruit Salad Dressing:
- orange or pineapple juice from above in the Fruit Salad
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Fruit Salad Recipe
- Pour orange juice into a medium bowl.
- Clean and cut all fruit and place into a separate large bowl, placing any fruits that will easily brown when cut into the orange juice bowl for soaking. Remove fruits placed in the orange juice with a slotted spoon and add to the rest of the fruit salad.
- Add honey to the orange juice in the medium bowl. Whisk together until well-combined. Add more honey to taste. Pour dressing over fruit salad.
- Top fruit salad with whipped cream
For more fruit salad recipes, you may like: