This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Frosting makes a delicious frosting recipe for cake, cupcakes, cookies and other treats. Creamy and fluffy, this peanut butter frosting is a peanut butter lover’s dream.
I love to use this peanut butter frosting with a rich, chocolate cake recipe. There are two that I especially love it with, my fudge cake recipe as well as my best chocolate cake. Both of those chocolate cake recipes are rich enough to work perfectly for a pure chocolate and peanut butter combination.
There are a few tips that I share for making sure your peanut butter frosting is creamy and fluffy. You’ll want to make sure you incorporate all of the ingredients before moving along to the next steps in making the frosting and you’ll want to beat the frosting at a higher speed to incorporate air into the recipe and lighten it up considerably.
Here’s my Peanut Butter Frosting recipe. I hope you love it!
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- Cream together butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in sugar, about ½ cup at a time, making sure well-incorporated. Add heavy cream, about a tablespoon at a time. Increase speed of mixer and beat for about 3 minutes until the peanut butter frosting is creamy and fluffy.
- If frosting is too thick, add in more cream to loosen the frosting.
- If frosting is too thin, add in more confectioner’s sugar to thicken.