This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting Recipe are such soft, delicious cookies and perfect for fall! A simple, flavorful cookie recipe topped with creamy maple buttercream frosting!
These Pumpkin Cookies are simply delicious! Full of pumpkin goodness, they are the perfect cookies for a fall day! And topped with the decadent and creamy Maple Buttercream Frosting, they make any day a little bit brighter! They are so moist, soft and delicious and they taste just like fall!
Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Buttercream Frosting Recipe
I get so excited every year when the air begins to get a little cooler and the first leaves start to fall. Fall is such a great season – partly because of the delicious pumpkin recipes like these pumpkin cookies!
How to Make Pumpkin Cookies
To make them, I cream together the butter and sugars with my electric mixer until the butter and sugar mixture becomes light and fluffy. This takes about 3 minutes. Then, I mix in the pumpkin puree, an egg, and my vanilla extract. For the pumpkin puree, I love to use my own homemade puree, but you can easily substitute it with store-bought.
In another bowl, I whisk together my dry ingredients of flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and my salt. Then, I slowly add my dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
I drop the pumpkin cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and then bake them in a preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Then, I remove the cookies from the parchment paper to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting them with my Maple Buttercream Frosting. I’ve scaled down my frosting recipe to work perfectly for this pumpkin cookie recipe.
Here’s my Pumpkin Cookies Recipe with Maple Buttercream Frosting. I hope you love them!
Pumpkin Cookies Recipe with Maple Buttercream Frosting
Maple Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the pumpkin puree, egg, and the vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin puree mixture until combined.
- Drop cookie dough by the tablespoon full onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer to a wire rack for cooling completely. Once cooled, frost with Maple Frosting (recipe below).
Maple Buttercream Frosting Recipe:
- Cream together the butter, confectioner’s sugar and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Add heavy cream a tablespoon at a time, beating well after each, until the maple frosting is well combined and fluffy.