This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Roast Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes makes a comforting, delicious meal. Ready in under 30 minutes!
My sister came over for lunch the other day and I couldn’t wait for her to taste this Roast Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes I made.
The morning had been just a wee bit blustery and the temperatures had dipped low enough for us both to have pulled out long sleeves and our Uggs, so I knew something warm and comforting was just what we needed.
After the first bite, I knew it was a keeper of a recipe when I saw the look on her face as her eyes widened just a bit and she started nodding. You see, my sister is just as much of a pasta freak as I am, so I knew if this pasta got her approval then it was definitely a recipe I needed to share with you all, too.
Full of large pieces of roast chicken tossed into the skillet with sauteing garlic and mushrooms and then mixed in with twirly pasta, sundried tomatoes, and lots of cheese, it really would be hard for this recipe to not be a hit though.
I used leftover roast chicken that I’d made the night before, but you could easily use a rotisserie chicken from the deli, chicken you’ve made ahead in the slow cooker, or just give yourself a few minutes and cut up your skinless, boneless chicken and cook it in the skillet before you add in your garlic and mushrooms for sauteing.
Here’s the recipe for my Roast Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes.
Roast Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes Recipe
- 2 cups elbow noodles or twirl noodles
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups roast chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup portabella mushrooms quartered
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes + 2 tablespoons packed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley to garnish optional
- Cook elbow or twirl noodles according to package directions. Drain and pour into a large bowl along with the cheeses. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add in garlic and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are just tender. Add in roast chicken and sundried tomatoes and heat throughout, about 3 minutes.
- Add ingredients from the saute pan to bowl with pasta. Toss to combine.
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste, drizzle of packed oil from sundried tomatoes, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Do you crave pasta when the weather turns cooler?
Have a great weekend!
Looks amazing; chicken and pasta are a perfect comfort dinner for Fall! Thanks Robyn!
I love turning leftovers into something new & exciting like this!
I’ve been craving a good pasta, this looks delicious Robyn! And so easy to put together with that chicken. Yum.
This looks like a bowl of deliciousness for sure!
Delicious. Substituted artichokes for mushrooms since the husband doesn’t like the fungi. Definitely in the rotation.
Simply delicious! I used cherry tomatoes rather than sundried as that is what I had access to from the cupboard and it was simply lovely. In fact I’ll bet even the cold left-overs today will be tasty! Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for to use my roasted chicken while craving pasta!
Thanks, Kimberly. I’m happy it worked out so well for you with the cherry tomatoes.