This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Shredded Beef Nachos need to happen in your life. Like this weekend. Or sometime this week. Or better yet, why not today!
Mercy are they delicious!
Since I make my slow cooker shredded beef routinely, these shredded beef nachos only take a few minutes to throw together. Which makes them absolutely perfect for a quick supper or when friends drop by to watch the game. You know, sofagating. Is that a term? If not, we totally need to make it one.
Thankfully, the rest of the ingredients are items that I usually keep on hand in my pantry or refrigerator, making these about the easiest throw together fantastic-ness evah!
Tortilla chips, shredded beef, black beans, cheese and a fun twist on my pico de gallo all thrown into a skillet makes this a one skillet macho taco dish of the most supreme sorts, too!
Serve it with plenty of sour cream, guacamole, and a little bit of that fun pico de gallo on the side and you’ve got a winner!
Here’s my Shredded Beef Nachos recipe. I can’t wait to hear how you love it!
Shredded Beef Nachos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded beef
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 2 cups black beans or black eyed peas or 1 (15-ounce) can black beans with juices
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 (4.5 – ounce) can diced green chilis
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into a 12 or 15-inch skillet over medium heat. Add shredded beef, onion and garlic. Cook until onion begins to become translucent. Remove from heat and spoon half of beef mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add the following in loose layers, making sure that bites of all ingredients can be made by lifting a chip and scooping: tortilla chips, shredded beef, beans, cheeses, pico de gallo. Repeat layers until skillet is full and mounded, reserving about ½ of the pico de gallo for serving alongside nachos.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is fully melted. Remove from oven and serve warm with sour cream, guacamole, and additional pico de gallo.