These Shredded Beef Nachos need to happen in your life. Like this weekend. Or sometime this week. Or better yet, why not today!
Mercy are they delicious!
Since I make my slow cooker shredded beef routinely, these shredded beef nachos only take a few minutes to throw together. Which makes them absolutely perfect for a quick supper or when friends drop by to watch the game. You know, sofagating. Is that a term? If not, we totally need to make it one.
Thankfully, the rest of the ingredients are items that I usually keep on hand in my pantry or refrigerator, making these about the easiest throw together fantastic-ness evah!
Tortilla chips, shredded beef, black beans, cheese and a fun twist on my pico de gallo all thrown into a skillet makes this a one skillet macho taco dish of the most supreme sorts, too!
Serve it with plenty of sour cream, guacamole, and a little bit of that fun pico de gallo on the side and you’ve got a winner!
Here’s my Shredded Beef Nachos recipe. I can’t wait to hear how you love it!
Shredded Beef Nachos Recipe
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded beef
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 2 cups black beans or black eyed peas or 1 (15-ounce) can black beans with juices
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 4.5 - ounce can diced green chilis
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into a 12 - 15-inch skillet over medium heat. Add shredded beef, onion and garlic. Cook until onion begins to become translucent. Remove from heat and spoon half of beef mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add the following in loose layers, making sure that bites of all ingredients can be made by lifting a chip and scooping: tortilla chips, shredded beef, beans, cheeses, pico de gallo. Repeat layers until skillet is full and mounded, reserving about 1/2 of the pico de gallo for serving alongside nachos.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is fully melted. Remove from oven and serve warm with sour cream, guacamole, and additional pico de gallo.