This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Skillet Beef Ziti Recipe makes a quick and easy weeknight supper that the whole family loves! The pasta cooks right in the skillet and goes straight from the cooktop to the table in 30 minutes!
I’m so excited to share this super easy Skillet Beef Ziti recipe with you! It is incredibly easy and so delicious! It is a weeknight staple recipe around my house and one of our favorite pasta dishes!
But, even though it is easy enough for a quick weeknight supper, it is still perfect for serving on the weekends when company comes over. By cooking everything in one skillet, you can take it straight from the cooktop to the table with just one skillet to clean! Now, I don’t know about you, but that’s my kind of meal!
Skillet Beef Ziti Recipe
How to Make Skillet Beef Ziti Recipe
To make this one skillet wonder, you’ll just brown your ground beef in the skillet over medium heat. Once it has browned, drain away any excess drippings and then stir in your tomato sauce, water, Italian Seasoning Blend, and your cayenne pepper.
You’ll bring this to a boil and then stir in your uncooked ziti, cover the skillet, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until the ziti is tender, about 20 minutes.
You may occasionally want to check in on your ziti to make sure that it is coming along nicely and give it a good stir every once in a while.
Once the ziti is tender, stir in your sour cream and half of the cheeses. Then, sprinkle the remaining cheeses on the top of the ziti, return the cover to the skillet, turn off the heat and let the ziti rest until the cheese have melted, about 5 more minutes.
Then serve! Just look at all that cheesy goodness! Yum!
My Skillet Lasagna is another quick pasta recipe I think you’ll enjoy! And I can’t even describe the creamy decadence of my homemade Alfredo Sauce! These are just a couple more recipes you may want to try.
Here’s my easy Skillet Beef Ziti Recipe. I think you are going to absolutely love it!
Skillet Beef Ziti Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups ziti noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley as garnish optional
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Drain away any excess drippings.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, Italian Seasoning Blend, and cayenne pepper and bring to boil. Stir in the uncooked ziti noodles, cover, and reduce the heat to low setting. Simmer until the ziti is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and remove the cover from the skillet. Stir in the sour cream and half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses and recover. Allow to rest until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.