This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Best Pecan Pie Bars recipe turns the favorite pecan pie into delicious dessert bars. Rich, delicious, easy and perfect for serving a crowd!
These Best Pecan Pie Bars nutty, buttery, rich and delicious! And they are really just like pecan pie – but easier to make anytime and they feed more people than a single pie. These characteristics make these pecan pie bars perfect for parties, gatherings and anytime you want to share them with several people. And since this scrumptious dessert is cut into bars, people may help themselves to more than one!
The Best Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
My family’s Pecan Pie Recipe is one of the more popular recipes on my website and in my cookbook and has been for years! It has been a favorite of my family for generations and I simply can’t remember a family Thanksgiving or Christmas celebration that it wasn’t included. Then many years ago, I made these easy, amazing Pecan Pie Bars. These are amazing too and sometimes I get just as many requests for these bars as I do the pie! But seriously – don’t save Pecan Pie or these Pecan Pie Bars to serve only on holidays – they are delicious throughout the year!
If you are looking for something that is perfect to serve a large crowd, easy as can be to make and even easier to eat, and that still brings out that nostalgic, traditional pecan pie flavor, this is a recipe you should definitely try!
How to Make The Best Pecan Pie Bars
For these bars, you’ll need:
- Butter – softened butter for crust and melted butter for filling
- Flour – all-purpose flour
- Sugar – granulated sugar for crust and brown sugar for filling
- Eggs – 3 large eggs at room temperature
- Corn Syrup – can use light or dark corn syrup
- Vanilla – or use pure vanilla extract from the store
- Pecans – use your preference of pecan halves or roughly chopped pecans
Step by Step Instructions
For the Crust:
- Prep. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix. Mix together granulated sugar, softened butter and all-purpose flour with electric mixer until just well combined.
- Bake. Press crust mixture into the baking pan and bake until edges turn light golden brown, about 20 minutes.
For the pecan pie filling:
- Mix. Add eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, melted butter and salt to large mixing bowl. Beat together until smooth. Stir in the pecans. Pour the filling onto the pre-baked crust.
- Bake. Bake the pecan pie bars until golden brown and the center has set, about 30 minutes.
- Serve. Once done, remove baking dish from oven and allow pecan pie bars to cool. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Do You Have to Refrigerate These Bars?
I recommend that these bars be refrigerated to keep them firm and for longer lasting bars. If you prefer to serve them a bit softer, simply remove them from the refrigerator for a few moments before serving.
If you prefer to serve them warm, reheat them in a 300º F oven for about 5 minutes! So delicious with a cup of coffee for dessert or even breakfast. (shhh!)
Can You Freeze These Bars?
Yes, absolutely! One of the best things about these delicious bars is that they are so easy to make ahead to serve later, including freezing them for up to 3 months!
To freeze them, simply allow them to cool completely after baking.
Freeze as individual bars:
You can go ahead and cut these into individual bars and place them into an airtight, freezer-safe container. Separate each of the pieces with parchment paper. Then, store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight or reheat in a 300ºF oven for about 15 minutes until warmed throughout.
Freeze as the full recipe:
Cover well with parchment paper and then wrap the freezer-safe dish with foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight or reheat in a 300º F oven for about 20 – 30 minutes until warmed throughout.
More Dessert Bars We Love
Here’s my Southern Pecan Pie Bars recipe. I hope you love them!
Southern Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan Pie Bar Crust:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
For the Pecan Pie Bar Filling:
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1 cup corn syrup light or dark
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans Optional: use halves or roughly chopped
For the Pecan Pie Bar Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line 9×13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Mix together the sugar, butter and flour call for in the crust portion with an electric mixer.
- Press into the bottom of the 9×13 baking dish and bake until the edges turn light golden brown, about 20 minutes.
For the Pecan Pie Bar Filling:
- Add the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, melted butter and salt to a large mixing bowl. Beat together until smooth. Stir in the pecans. Pour the filling onto the crust.
- Bake the pecan pie bars until golden brown and the center has set, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting and serving.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.