This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Spinach Salad with pears and warm bacon dressing is most definitely lighter fare than I’ve been sharing lately. But you know what, you can still have chocolate melting cake or pumpkin creme brulee after this salad if you’d like. I won’t tell.
The sweet crunch of pears and toasted pecans coupled with the tangy bacon dressing and creamy gorgonzola crumbles is the perfect blend of sweet and sour, crunch and creamy. It’s delicious as a main-dish meal or to serve as a side salad.
Here’s how I make it.
Spinach Salad with Pears and Warm Bacon Dressing
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 pear sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- gorgonzola crumbles
- 6 strips bacon chopped and cooked
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Wash, drain, and trim baby spinach leaves.
- Add pear slices, toasted pecans, and red onion slices.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad.
- Sprinkle with Gorgonzola crumbles and serve.