I made something that I think you are going to love. You ready for it? Bacon Vinaigrette. Oh yeah, and it is ah-maz-ing!
It has all of the rich tangy flavors you expect with a vinaigrette combined with the smokiness I love from bacon. I do not believe I’ll have mine any other way for a long, long while.
And did I mention that it is easy as pie to make? Yeah, well, it’s actually a ton easier than pie, but you get the point.
My Bacon Vinaigrette adds so much flavor to a salad and it gets rave reviews from my husband, so I’d say it is a keeper of a recipe for sure. I do prefer to serve it warm or at room temperature for the full flavor.
To store it, pour into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator. Prior to serving, heat in the microwave for about a minute or so at 20 – 40% power, depending on your microwave. You can also simply add it to a sink full of hot water for a little while to completely warm prior to serving as well.
Bacon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Add diced bacon to a medium skillet or sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Add stone ground mustard, honey, garlic, and salt and pepper to the bacon dripping. Combine well with a whisk.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the pan, whisking to combine as pouring. Continue to whisk until the vinaigrette has thickened slightly. Add bacon bits back to the vinaigrette, if desired.
- Pour into a jar that has been warmed under hot running water prior to adding the hot vinaigrette to prevent the container from cracking.
- Best served warm or at room temperature.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy:
Nectarine-Blueberry Vinaigrette from Lemons and Anchovies
Creamy Avocado Dressing from Two Peas and Their Pod
Layered Quinoa Salad with Beet Vinaigrette from Family Fresh Cooking
+ more salad recipes on Add a Pinch