This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
This recipe makes two loaves of zucchini bread so you have one to dig into fresh out of the oven and another to dig into later – or you could share – you decide.
Well, I admit it, I actually do like to share the other loaf of zucchini bread. Folks get really excited when you share your homemade treasures with them. Oh and everyone loves the Chocolate Zucchini Bread too!
Okay, so let’s make this amazing Zucchini Bread. Here’s how you make it.
How to Make Zucchini Bread
Separate your eggs and beat your egg whites until stiff. Set them aside.
Grate your zucchini.
Put your grated zucchini in your mixing bowl along with your egg yolks, oil, sugar and vanilla.
Give it a good whirl with your mixer until well-combined.
Pour in your flour.
Add your salt.
And your cinnamon.
Next comes the baking soda.
and your baking powder. Then, mix it all together.
If you want nuts in your bread, toss them in now.
If not, just skip that part.
Pour in your egg whites and gently fold them in.
Pour your bread mixture into two prepared loaf pans and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Then decide if you want to share the second loaf or if you want to freeze it for later.
Zucchini Bread is really easy to freeze. Just wrap it in parchment paper and then again in aluminum foil. I like to then place the wrapped loaf inside a large freezer bag and seal too. Write the date on the outer bag or wrapper and pop it in the freezer.
Here’s my family’s Zucchini Bread recipe. I think you’ll love it!
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini grated (unpeeled) – about 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- Add oil, sugar, zucchini, vanilla to egg yolks in large mixing bowl.
- Beat until well-combined.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder to mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Add pecans if using and combine.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake in greased loaf pans for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.