This. You need this salad in your life. Pretty much immediately. It started as an apple pecan salad, but quickly as I started making it, it morphed into this amazing Apple Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette, roasted pecans, bleu cheese crumbles, and pomegranate seeds.
I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper.
And let’s be honest, after eating a Thanksgiving spread to beat the band, I really need to.
This salad is perfect anytime of year, but really, really shines during the holidays.
Won’t it be gorgeous for Christmas? All that beautiful green and red to brighten up the buffet?
And if you want to make it an entree salad rather than a starter or side, you can add slices of chicken or turkey.
Regardless though, I’m in love with it.
Here’s the recipe for my Apple Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup Pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 apples
- 3 pears
- 1 cup roasted pecans or walnuts
- bleu cheese crumbles (I use Maytag)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- In a large measuring cup, combine Pomegranate juice, honey, vinegar, and mustard. Whisk together until well-combined. Continue to whisk as you add in olive oil to emulsify. Pour dressing into serving container and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour about ½ cup of Pomegranate Vinaigrette. Core and slice apples and pears, adding to the bowl and tossing in the vinaigrette.
- In another large serving bowl, combine salad greens, roasted pecans, bleu cheese crumbles and pomegranate seeds. Using a slotted spoon, remove fruit from dressing and add into the salad bowl.
- Serve with dressing.
You may also enjoy these recipes: