The perfect buttermilk pancake recipe that rival any restaurant! Made from scratch, this buttermilk pancake recipe will definitely become a favorite!
Pancakes make one of our favorite, go to recipe for lazy weekends or even when we are in a breakfast for dinner sort of mood. I’ve shared my large quantity pancake recipe that makes enough pancakes for a huge crowd or to save and store in the freezer for later, but realized I’ve never shared what I call my perfect buttermilk pancake recipe that is sized just right for four people. Of course you can double the recipe if you are needing to feed a few more than four.
Ready in just a few minutes, it’s not hard to get everyone to the breakfast table when they know these babies are waiting on them. Light, fluffy, and so delicious, you’ll get requests for these pancakes. I promise!
Here’s my Perfect Buttermilk Pancake Recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter or cooking oil
- butter for griddle or skillet
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, egg, and melted butter or cooking oil in a 2-cup measuring cup. Pour buttermilk mixture slowly into the flour mixture, stirring to combine as you pour. Allow to rest for about 3 minutes.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. Add butter to griddle or skillet to make sure well coated. Scoop pancake batter onto prepared griddle or skillet by about ⅓ cup. Allow to cook until the edges of the pancake have lost their sheen and bubbles have formed in the center of the top of the pancake, about 2-3 minutes. Flip the pancake and allow to cook about 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from griddle or skillet and serve warm or place on a rimmed sheet pan in a 200º F oven to keep warm for serving.