Shrimp Tacos. Mmmmm. Anytime you serve them, they sure are delicious!
I just don’t think they could be any better.
And… I must really have a thing for shrimp lately to boot.
Remember the shrimp and avocado salad from the other day? Yep, I probably love them so much because it is so garsh-durned hot and humid here in Georgia lately and because shrimp is so cool and delicious. It must just be what I’m craving!
It could also be because they couldn’t be any simpler to prepare and toss into so many different dishes. Like these tacos for instance.
Wham, bam, boom. They don’t take but just a few minutes to toss together and serve for a quick meal.
For these shrimp tacos, you’ll want either flour or corn tortillas and then fill them with layers of a cabbage cole slaw, shrimp, avocado slices, and then top them with a sriracha cream sauce and pico de gallo for tons of flavor.
Here’s my shrimp tacos recipe. I think you’ll love it.
- 6 medium flour or corn tortillas
- 2 pounds boiled or steamed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 2 cups cole slaw
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 cup sour cream
- pico de gallo
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lime wedges (optional)
- Assemble shrimp tacos by layering cole slaw, shrimp, and avocado slices onto the center of individual tortillas.
- Mix together sour cream and sriracha sauce and drizzle on top of shrimp tacos.
- Top with pico de gallo and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with an optional lime wedge to squeeze onto shrimp tacos as they are served.