Honey Soy Chicken Recipe
Honey Soy Chicken Recipe – This honey soy chicken recipe comes together for a quick, easy and delicious meal! It is perfect with all cuts of chicken making it just as perfect for a busy weeknight supper as it is for a serving company when entertaining!
In my house, we love chicken. You can depend on it being served at least two or three nights a week without complaint. And this honey soy chicken recipe is hands down one of my absolute favorites.
You can use chicken breasts, chicken thighs, drumsticks, or even wings. Any and all work perfectly and taste amazing. You can choose to use boneless, skinless chicken or go with bone-in, skin-on pieces. Whatever suits you works great.
Ready in 30 minutes, this is one recipe that I turn to time and again that never disappoints. Flavorful and delicious, I can depend on it being one that my whole family enjoys.
As quick and easy as it is to mix up and make, I also love to mix up the honey soy mixture and pour half of it over my chicken to let it marinate throughout the day before cooking. Then, as it cooks, I use the remainder of the honey soy mixture on my chicken. While this is delicious, it isn’t absolutely necessary. The honey soy mixture imparts so much flavor while the chicken cooks!
Here’s my recipe for Honey Soy Chicken. I think you are going to love it!
Honey Soy Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 chicken thighs, breasts, quarters, or legs
- ¼ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cloves minced garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes optional for heat
- chopped fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Drizzle olive oil into medium skillet set over medium heat. Add chicken the skillet and cook on each side until browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, mix together soy sauce (or coconut amigos), honey, garlic, salt, pepper, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over chicken and place the skillet into the preheated oven. Bake the chicken until it registers 160ºF when checked with an internal thermometer at the thickest part of the chicken. The time will vary depending on the cut of chicken that is used. Generally, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, top with parsley, if using, and serve..
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2011.