This One Pan Pesto Chicken recipe makes a quick, easy and delicious dish for a weeknight supper! Made with chicken, pesto, peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini, this pesto chicken is a family favorite chicken recipe.
I have a quick, easy, and mighty delicious one-pan recipe to share with you that I think you are going to adore as much as we do! It is my one pan pesto chicken that is a weeknight staple around my house. Tender chicken, fragrant peppers, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese are nestled into zucchini noodles and tossed in flavorful pesto. Talk about delicious!
Table of Contents
How to Make Easy One-Pan Pesto Chicken Recipe
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts – cut into about 2-inch, bite-sized pieces.
- Red pepper – deseeded and sliced
- Zucchini – cut into ribbons or spirals
- Grape tomatoes – halved
- Pesto – homemade or store-bought
- Mozzarella cheese – optional, but so delicious
Drizzle olive oil into a large pan set over medium heat. Once the olive oil begins to shimmer, add the cut chicken pieces and the red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, pesto, and mozzarella cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
To make ahead. Prepare the pesto chicken recipe according to the instructions. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat to serve.
To freeze. Prepare the chicken and pepper according to the directions. Hold the remaining ingredients to add and cook before serving. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Add the remaining ingredients according to the recipe directions and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can certainly serve it over cooked pasta if you prefer. If you’d still like to include the zucchini, you can add sliced or cubed zucchini to the pan when you add the chicken and peppers to cook.
Yes! You can omit the cheese completely or substitute it with crumbled feta cheese or grated or shaved Parmesan.
The heat from the pan and ingredients will soften the cheese once added; however, you can certainly allow the cheese to melt more fully. Simply cover the pan with a lid once it is removed from the heat to fully melt the cheese.
More Favorite One-Pan Recipes
Here’s my One Pan Pesto Chicken Recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
One Pan Pesto Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 5 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons or spirals
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought
- mozzarella cheese, optional
- Set large pan over medium heat. Drizzle in olive oil. Once the olive oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken pieces and the red pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, pesto, and mozzarella cheese, if using.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.