Goodness gracious, y’all. This Jalapeno Popper Chicken is fabulous. And I mean FABULOUS!
If your family enjoys the flavors of Jalapeno Poppers or Jalapeno Popper Dip, then they will fall in love with this Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe. Promise.
While my recipe includes the step to bake skinless, boneless chicken breasts, you can easily just pick up a rotisserie chicken from your grocery store deli, whip up the ingredients for the topping, mix in the chicken, and bake it for about 15 minutes for the cracker topping to brown.
You’ll have this deliciousness on the table in no time flat.
Or, if you are like me and cook a bunch of chicken at least once during the week to use in so many other recipes throughout the week, this is one of those recipes you’ll be glad you did!
Here’s my Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe. I can’t wait to hear how you love it!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts
For the Jalapeno Popper Topping:
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 jalapenos, deveined, deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese,, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For the topping:
- 1/2 cup crushed butter crackers, 1/2 sleeve
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Place chicken breasts in a small casserole dish and bake until juices run clear when pricked, about 45 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, prepare jalapeno popper topping for chicken. Add bacon, jalapenos, and onions to a small skillet and fry until bacon is crispy and jalapenos and onions are tender. Remove from heat and add to a small mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise or yogurt, and cheeses to mixing bowl and cream together with bacon mixture until well-combined.
- Remove chicken from oven and reduce oven heat to 350º F. Spread jalapeno popper topping on top of chicken until well-covered.
- For the topping, mix together crushed crackers, cheese, and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake until crackers are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like: