Fruity Rice Krispies Kebabs – These kebabs make a great addition to any summer event! Fresh fruit is skewered with Rice Krispies treats for a fun treat for all!
Summertime cookouts are something children and adults alike look forward to. Whether at the lake, in the neighborhood park, or in your own backyard, cookouts can be enjoyed by all. Family cookouts bring loved-ones together to appreciate a good meal, warm sunny weather, and most importantly, each other.
Fresh fruit flavors make original Rice Kripies Treats really snap, crackle, POP.
We used powdered drink mix to impart the essence of strawberries and kiwi into the treats. Then we threaded fruity Rice Krispies Treat cutouts and fresh fruit, onto wooden skewers, for a fun and healthy snack or dessert. These kebabs are a wonderful addition to any cookout; no cutlery required!
Fruity Rice Krispies Kebabs are a fantastic family-cooking project. Children of all ages will enjoy cutting out the Rice Krispies Treat shapes, pressing them into sprinkles, and lacing them into patterns on skewers. At this family cookout, we served the fruity kebabs in a fresh halved watermelon to display. The watermelon made an easy and festive summertime centerpiece that took just minutes to prepare.
Fruity Rice Krispies Kebabs
- 3 Tb. butter
- 4 cups 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 flavored drink packet choose your favorite fruit flavor
- 2 Tb. colored sprinkles
- Fresh cut fruit and berries of choice
- Wooden Skewers
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Once melted add the drink powder and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies. Stir until coated.
- Spoon the Rice Krispies mixture into the prepared pan. Press firmly with wax paper. Once cooled, use small cookie cutters to cut the Rice Krispies Treats into fun shapes.
- Pour the sprinkles on a small plate and press the top of each cutout into the sprinkles.
- Slide the treats onto skewers with fresh cut fruit and berries.