Make these Rice Krispies® Easter Basket and Chicks for a fun, delicious and super cute Easter treat!
There’s just nothing like cute treats, especially those available at Easter. But, this homemade basket with bunnies and chicks is just too adorable not to share. Luckily, it is pretty easy to make, too!
There are just a few steps involved, but nothing too complicated that you can’t make with the kids for a fun Easter craft that also works as an edible centerpiece or decoration they’ll be proud to share!
Don’t you think our treat is adorable? It’s just as delicious!
Here’s how to make it!
Lemonade Rice Krispies Treat Recipe:
Lemonade Rice Krispies® Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest not compressed (about 2 large lemons)
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir white chocolate chips and lemon zest into marshmallow mixture.
- Add in Rice Krispies® cereal and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Spray a 13×9-inch pan (or cookie sheet) and a spatula with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour Lemonade Rice Krispies® mixture into pan and spread with spatula. Cool completely.
Rice Krispies® Chicks:
Rice Krispies® Chicks
- 1 recipe Lemonade Rice Krispies® Treats recipe above
- 8 ounces yellow candy melts melted
- 1 14- ounce bag sweetened flake coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted
- 4 ounces orange candy melts melted
- Form 1 tablespoon Lemonade Rice Krispies® Treat into the shape of an egg. Melt the candy melts in the microwave and dip treat into yellow candy melts. Then roll in coconut and place on a large piece of parchment paper to dry. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Pipe eyes onto each chick with melted chocolate. (Alternately, you can use a toothpick dipped into the melted chocolate and dotted onto the chick.) Pipe a beak onto each chick with melted orange candy melts. Place on parchment paper and allow to dry.
Chocolate Rice Krispies® Nests:
Chocolate Rice Krispies® Nests
- 4 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups Rice Krispies® Cereal
- 1 ½ cups Cocoa Krispies® Cereal
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together with an electric mixer. Mix the salt, baking powder, flour and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Once combined, add the coconut and mix. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the Rice Krispies® and the Cocoa Krispies® together in a pie pan. Roll the dough into 3 Tb. sized balls. Roll the dough in the Rice Krispies®, pressing in on all sides. (The Rice Krispies® should completely cover each ball.)
- Lay them on the baking sheets 2 inched apart. Press a deep indention in the center of each dough ball with your thumb, leaving the sides high. Bake for 17-19 minutes. When the cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle them with a scant amount of sea salt and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving.
- Place a Lemon Rice Krispies® Chicks in each nest to serve.
Note: You will have extra chicks to use for decorations or to eat!
Bunny Trail Garden
To make the cute basket, you’ll need:
1 shallow basket, lined with parchment paper
1 recipe Cocoa Krispies® treats, cooled
4 ounces green candy melts, melted
1/2 recipe Lemon Rice Krispies® treats, cooled
4 ounces white candy melts, melted
1/2 14-ounce bag sweetened coconut, dyed green with gel food coloring for grass
1/2 14-ounce bag sweetened coconut, for bunnies
4 ounces pink candy melts, melted
4 ounces green candy melts, melted
5-7 brussel sprouts for cabbage
5-7 small baby carrots
5-7 pearl onions
3 wooden gardening markers
1 white gardening marker for Bunny Trail sign
Fill basket with parchment paper to approximately 3/4 of the basket. On one side of the basket, add another filler to support the grassy mound for the bunnies
Mold Cocoa Krispies® treats on the top of the filler to form a garden area as well as a mound for the bunnies.
Spread melted green candy melts over the bunny mound and down to the edge of the basket.
Sprinkle green coconut over the green candy melts.
Form 1 tablespoon Lemonade Rice Krispies® Treat into the shape of an egg. Melt the candy melts in the microwave and dip treat into white candy melts.
Then roll in coconut and place on a large piece of parchment paper to dry. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Pipe eyes onto each bunny with melted chocolate. (Alternately, you can use a toothpick dipped into the melted chocolate and dotted onto the bunny.)
Pipe a nose onto each bunny with melted pink candy melts. Place on parchment paper and allow to dry.
To form the ears, pipe a white oval about 1/2 inch long on parchment paper. Allow to dry. Then, pipe a pink oval in the center of the white oval to complete the ear. Allow to dry.
To insert into the bunny, use a butter knife to create a long, thin cut into the top of the bunnies head. Pipe a dot of white candy melts into the cut and press the end of the dried ear into the cut. Allow to dry.
Garden and Final Assembly:
Place toothpicks in the bottom of brussel sprouts, pearl onions and carrots and stick them into the garden area of the basket. Place toothpicks in the bottom of bunnies and stick them onto the bunny mound and some into the garden area.
Write vegetable names of cabbage, carrots, and onions on three wooden garden stakes or popsicle sticks. Press into garden area as appropriate. Write Bunny Trail on white garden stake and press into the side of the bunny mound.
Add your own ideas to the basket to create the perfect centerpiece for your children’s Easter table!