BBQ Ribs make an all-time favorite recipe. This recipe for simple BBQ ribs always makes fall off the bone, lip smacking ribs!
Growing up, you could depend on BBQ ribs being at all of our major summer celebrations – Father’s Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, and birthdays, too. So tender, they practically fall off of the bone as you are eating them!
The secret to these ribs is that they are baked in the oven and then cooked on the grill to finish them off. Their time in the oven makes them extremely tender and juicy. Since they are wrapped in foil as they bake, they steam as they bake giving you the most incredible tender ribs I’ve ever tasted.
This is one of the recipes given to me by my Grandmother, sauce included. Her sauce is fabulous on ribs, but if you already have a favorite BBQ sauce that you like to use, by all means use it! But don’t skip any of the steps in cooking the ribs. You won’t regret it!
Here’s my Grandmother’s Simple BBQ Ribs recipe. I think you’ll love ’em!
Simple BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 5 pounds pork spareribs uncut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 6 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Sprinkle ribs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Wrap in foil and place in roasting pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Prepare sauce: Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Saute onions 4 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Stir in other ingredients. Bring to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain ribs. Grill 10 minutes. Baste with sauce. Continue grilling 10 minutes. Cut into individual ribs.
- Reheat sauce and brush on ribs.