This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Caprese Salad Skewers make a delicious appetizer to serve when entertaining. Fresh and easy, these caprese salad skewers will become a go-to favorite!
I love making simple appetizers that I know everyone will enjoy and these little Caprese Salad Skewers are always a favorite! I love that I can prep them ahead to make entertaining even easier and definitely less stressful!
I start with just a handful of ingredients: 4-inch bamboo skewers, cherry or grape tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil, and my homemade balsamic glaze, and salt and pepper.
I like to line a baking sheet with parchment paper to place each of my Caprese Salad Skewers on as I assemble them. Once I’ve filled a baking sheet, I then top it with a lid so that I can stack the baking sheets in my refrigerator. If you don’t have lidded baking sheets, you can also wrap the baking sheet tightly with plastic wrap. I generally make them a day or two in advance and store in the refrigerator.
You’ll notice that I do not add the balsamic glaze to my Caprese Salad Skewers at this point. I like to reserve that until I’m just ready to serve them.
When ready to serve, I love to plate them on a large white platter and then drizzle them with my balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I will advise you to always make a few more than you think you’ll need, because they go fast!
Here’s my Caprese Salad Skewers Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Simple Caprese Salad Skewers
- 48 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 24 balls mozzarella cheese
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- balsamic glaze
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place 1 grape tomato on end of skewer. Carefully skewer one tip of the basil leaf onto the skewer followed by the mozzarella cheese and then the other end of the basil leaf. Add a second tomato onto the end of the skewer and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet if making ahead or a serving tray if serving immediately.
- Repeat until all skewers have been assembled.
- When ready to serve, drizzle Caprese Salad Skewers with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Assemble Caprese Salad Skewers without adding balsamic glaze and salt and pepper. Store in refrigerator on parchment lined baking sheet wrapped with plastic wrap or another air tight container for up to 3 days. For serving, transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2011.
Terrific idea for those delicious summer tomatoes ! I love it ! Thanks for sharing!
Caprese Skewers! What a great idea, Robin! and perfect for the this weekend, too! Thanks!