This Watermelon Feta Bites recipe makes a delicious bite-sized nibble! Sweet and savory watermelon appetizer perfect for parties and snacks!
Easy, refreshing snacks and appetizers are so satisfying during spring and summer. From my delicious salsa to stuffed mushrooms, I love simple and delicious dishes to serve for all sorts of celebrations and gatherings. These Watermelon Feta Bites are such an appetizer! Juicy watermelon and tangy feta, topped with a balsamic glaze, make this a party-perfect bite.
These little watermelon appetizers are always a hit whether I’m serving them for a casual cookout or a party with lots of guests.
In just a few minutes, you can have a tray full of these fabulous Watermelon Feta appetizers prepared and ready to serve. But the best part is that they can easily be made ahead of when you need them for your party to make things even easier on you.
How to Make Watermelon Feta Bites Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Watermelon – You will need about 2 cups of cubed watermelon. For special occasions and holidays, you can make the watermelon pieces into your favorite shapes with small cookie cutters such as circles, stars, etc.
- Feta cheese – you will need a block of feta cheese then to cut it into similarly sized cubes as the watermelon.
- Balsamic glaze – Use my easy homemade balsamic glaze recipe or your favorite store-bought.
- Fresh Basil Leaves – add them on top of the feta cheese cubes and between the watermelon. The basil will add a watermelon caprese salad flavor to the appetizer.
Assemble each appetizer bite by layering two cubes of watermelon with a cube of feta cheese between them onto a toothpick or cocktail skewer.
Refrigerate the tray of these if not ready to serve. Then, right before serving, drizzle them with balsamic glaze. The combination of flavors is sweet, savory, and absolutely scrumptious and always makes this a hit at any gathering!
One of the best things about this warm-weather favorite appetizer is that it can easily be made ahead of time! When planning a gathering or celebration, I find that any make-ahead foods are so helpful!
To make ahead. Prepare Watermelon Feta Bites without adding the balsamic glaze drizzle. Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze.
To freeze. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
More Delicious Recipes with Fruit
Here’s my Watermelon Feta Appetizer Bites recipe. I hope you enjoy them for your parties and gatherings!
Watermelon Feta Appetizer Bites Recipe
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 (10-ounce package) Feta cheese
- balsamic glaze
- fresh basil leaves
- Assemble watermelon feta appetizer bites by layering a cube of watermelon, then feta cheese, and then topping it with another cube of watermelon onto a cocktail skewer or toothpick.
- If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until about 15-25 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Prepare Watermelon Feta Bites without adding the balsamic glaze drizzle. Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze. Freezing is NOT recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2013.