We’ve been eating a lot of salads at my house lately. Big, hearty salads. But salads none the less. Luckily for me, my sweet husband doesn’t mind having salad suppers. He actually told me the other day that he enjoyed them. Maybe it’s because I keep putting cheeseburgers and juicy strips of sirloin steaks on them.
And really, what’s not to love about that?
So let me tell you about this steak salad that I make. It’s another one of those recipes that comes together really, really quickly. I’m not sure the first time I started making it, but I know it won’t be off of our menu anytime soon.
The next time you are in the grocery store, just pick up a nice one to one and a half pound steak of your choice for this salad. It really depends on what steaks look the best when I go as to which one I use. I like to use sirloin, flank, and sometimes even a strip. But, just go with what you think looks the best or prefer.
Another good thing about this salad? It’s great for a weekend and during the week meal!
Here’s how I make it.
- 1 steaks, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ground black pepper
- 4 cups lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- your favorite dressing
- Preheat your grill pan, grill or skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add steak and Worcestershire sauce, garlic and freshly cracked black pepper. Cook to desired doneness. Set aside to allow steak to rest for about 5 minutes to reserve juices.
- Prepare each plate with serving of lettuce topped with tomatoes and cucumber.
- Slice steak in 1/4 – 1/2 slices and place on each salad. Sprinkle with blue cheese and serve with your favorite dressing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.