The Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe – This easy Instant Pot Chili is ready in 30 minutes, yet tastes like it has been simmering for hours!
My family absolutely loves a good bowl of chili and this quick and easy Instant Pot chili recipe is absolutely one of my favorites lately! I love that I can add all of my ingredients to my Instant Pot and then in about 30 minutes have chili that tastes like it has been simmering away on the stove all afternoon. Thick, rich and delicious, it makes a favorite meal at my house!
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
How to Make the Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe
To make my Instant Pot Chili, I start by setting my Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Then, I add my ground beef and the diced onion to the pot. Using a wooden spoon, I break up the ground beef as it cooks and cook the ground beef and onion until the ground beef has browned and the onion has become translucent, about 3 minutes.
I then turn my Instant Pot off and carefully remove the Instant Pot pot. I drain away any excess drippings from the ground beef into a bowl to later discard. I return the pot back to the Instant Pot and stir in the tomato paste, chili powder, Stone House Seasoning, cumin, cocoa powder. Then I add the beef stock, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans and black beans.
Secure the lid to your Instant Pot and manually set the timer for 18 minutes at high pressure. Carefully release the pressure from your Instant Pot using the quick-release method.
Serve your Instant Pot Chili with your favorite toppings.
Favorite Instant Pot Chili Toppings
We have so many favorite chili toppings that make this chili recipe so delicious and comforting. Add any of these that you prefer!
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- grated cheddar cheese
- sliced jalapeno
- diced avocado
- tortilla chips
Make-Ahead Instant Pot Chili Recipe
Once your chili has cooked, allow it to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer-Friendly Instant Pot Chili Recipe
If you’d like to freezer your chili, allow it to cool completely once cooked. Then, store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat and serve.
Here’s my Instant Pot Chili Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
The Best Instant Pot Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Stone House Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) cans black beans drained and rinsed
Optional Chili Toppings:
- fresh cilantro chopped
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese shredded
- jalapeno sliced
- avocado diced
- tortilla chips
- Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. Add the ground beef and onion and cook until the beef has browned and the onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Drain away excess drippings from the ground beef.
- Stir in the tomato paste, chili powder, Stone House Seasoning, cumin, and the cocoa powder. Next, stir in the beef stock, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, and black beans.
- Set the Instant Pot to 18 minutes at High Pressure. When the chili has finished cooking, use an oven mitt and carefully use the quick-release method to release the pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve the Instant Pot Chili with toppings as desired.
Make-Ahead Instant Pot ChiliPrepare Instant Pot Chili Recipe as instructed. Allow to cool and then transfer to storage container(s). Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freezer-Friendly Instant Pot ChiliPrepare Instant Pot Chili Recipe as instructed. Allow to cool and then transfer the chili to freezer-safe container(s). Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat and serve.