This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Apple Cider Waffles Recipe – Apple cider waffles are a delicious addition to your fall and winter breakfast! Serve these waffles with warm maple syrup and apple cider for the ultimate breakfast or brunch!
Cozy foods and beverages are perfect to start the day in the cooler months. And what a time for flavor! Of course, we love our french toast and buttermilk pancakes topped with real maple syrup and butter. But it wouldn’t be fall without favorites like pumpkin muffins and of apple deliciousness like these Apple Cider Waffles!
I love to try seasonal flavors with my waffle recipe as the seasons begin to change. It is one of the perfect dishes to incorporate new tastes and flavors. One thing that immediately comes to mind at the thought of fall and winter is apple cider. It’s perfect warm or chilled and always delicious!
So the other morning, I decided to forgo my normal waffle recipe and make an Apple Cider Waffle recipe instead.
These are perfection on a plate and make the most delicious waffles. Perfect for serving anytime!
Apple Cider Waffles
What My Family Loves About These Apple Cider Waffles
- Simple Wholesome Ingredients – From baking ingredients you keep on hand to apples and fall spices, these ingredients are simple and delicious!
- Easy to Make – Even the apple cider is a breeze to make in the slow cooker and keep on hand, and the waffles mix in minutes. And you can freeze them too!
- Festive Flavor – These have a crisp apple warmth that we love!
Waffles have always been a favorite in our home. My son has always requested homemade waffles many mornings for breakfast.
And if you love waffles or you love apples, I think you are going to love these waffles! I love both, so these are some of my favorites! The flavor is amazing!
These waffles fall into the category of not too much, as in they are “not too heavy” on the spices sort of recipe. But, they are “not too little” either. They are just right, with the perfect amount of apple cider sweetness and tartness with a bit of spice. Let me tell you how I make them.
How to Make Apple Cider Waffles
Here’s what you’ll need to make them.
- flour – you’ll use all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- salt – just a pinch
- sugar – only need a teaspoon
- cinnamon – gives a warm, cozy feeling to the apple cider
- nutmeg – works in combination with cinnamon and apple cider for the perfect flavor
- egg – one large egg
- apple cider – I use my homemade cider that’s so easy to make in your slow cooker with fresh ingredients, but you can use a quality, real-ingredient apple cider from the store if you wish. But take the time when you can to make the homemade version. So worth it!
Prep. Preheat the waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix. Whisk all dry ingredients together and add egg and apple cider. Whisk until well combined.
Cook. Pour into waffle iron and prepare according to your waffle iron instructions.
Serve. Remove from waffle iron when baked throughout, and serve warm.
I like to serve them with warm maple syrup, a little bit of butter, and a large glass or mug of apple cider or hot coffee. Some crispy bacon makes a nice side to these delicious waffles if you wish.
Can You Freeze these Waffles?
Absolutely yes! Make extra batches if you wish, and freeze them for later.
Cool. After they cook, allow them to cool.
Flash Freeze. Then place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flash freeze them for up to two hours. This keeps them from sticking together when you put them in containers to freeze.
Put in Containers and Freeze. Then just place the waffles in a freezer-safe zip bag, being sure to get as much air out of the bag as possible before closing. You can also use a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Heat and enjoy! When ready to eat, heat on the frozen setting in your toaster or in on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the oven. Serve and enjoy!
More Breakfast and Brunch Favorites
Here’s my recipe for Apple Cider Waffles. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Apple Cider Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup apple cider
- Prep. Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make batter. Whisk all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add egg and apple cider. Whisk until well-combined.
- Cook. Pour into waffle iron and prepare according to waffle iron instructions.
- Serve. Remove from waffle iron when baked throughout and serve warm.
From the Add a Pinch recipe archives. Originally published 2012.