This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe – This quick and easy air fryer baked potato recipe makes a perfect baked potato every time! Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside!
Looking for more easy side dish recipes? I think you’ll love the versatility of my Skillet Mac and Cheese, Coleslaw, and Potato Salad.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These easy air fryer baked potatoes are made with 3 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes! A delicious, fluffy baked potato with crispy skin worthy of any restaurant baked potato!
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
For this recipe, you’ll need just 3 basic ingredients.
- Potatoes – You can technically make baked potatoes using any type of potato, but I believe that the absolute BEST baked potatoes are made using Russet potatoes. Look for medium to large-sized potatoes without bruises, blemishes, or sprouts.
- Olive Oil – use your favorite olive oil.
- Salt – I prefer kosher salt, but you can use your favorite salt.
I have a 6-quart air fryer by Instant Pot and can easily fit three to four large potatoes in my air fryer. You’ll want to see how many fit comfortably in yours without overstuffing and make sure there is good airflow all around the potatoes.
Prep potatoes. Scrub the potatoes well to make sure that they are clean. Dry them and then prick them with a fork or sharp knife. Rub them with just a little olive oil, about half a tablespoon total, and then sprinkle them with salt.
Arrange the potatoes in the air fryer basket to make sure that the air can easily circulate around the potatoes.
Cook. Set the heat setting to 390º F and set the timer for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, I like to open the air fryer and gently press on the sides of the potatoes. If they give easily, then they are done. If not, I close the air fryer and cook them for up to 10 minutes more.
How to Store and Freeze this Recipe
To store. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer, microwave, or oven until warm throughout.
To freeze. Cook as directed and cool completely. Wrap each potato in foil and place them into a freezer-safe zip top bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal the bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the air fryer, microwave, or oven until warm throughout.
More Baked Potato Recipes
Favorite Baked Potato Toppings
- Sour Cream
Here is my Air Fryer Baked Potatoes Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
- 4 medium Russet potatoes scrubbed clean and dried
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prick each of the potatoes with a fork or sharp knife. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Then, arrange the potatoes in the air fryer basket, making sure to leave ample room around the potatoes for the air to circulate as the potatoes cook.
- Set the heat to 390º F and the timer for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, pull open the air fryer and gently press on the sides of the potato. If it easily yields, the potato is done. If not, return it to the basket and set the timer for up to 10 more minutes.
- Split open the baked potatoes with a knife and add your preferred toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @addapinch or tag #addapinch!
Share it with the world!
Your recipes all look delicious. I am anxious to try them.
I hope you find many recipes here that you enjoy, Adele.