Easy Beef and Bean Enchilada Recipe
This easy beef and bean enchilada recipe comes together quickly and is on table in minutes, making these enchiladas perfect for a weeknight supper!
If there is one thing that I rely on, it is simple weeknight suppers! With busy daily schedules and other family activities, I love having an arsenal of simple, scrumptious recipes to feed my family. These Beef and Bean Enchiladas are definitely one of those recipes my family enjoys!
I can always trust my family to devour enchiladas when I make them – from our favorite chicken enchiladas that let the slow cooker do all the hard work to beef enchiladas that I can even make ahead of time and then just heat through and melt the cheese when we’re ready for supper.
Beef and Bean Enchilada Recipe
Those beef enchiladas are the basis for this recipe, but I decided to amp them up just a wee bit by adding in black beans. The black beans make these enchiladas even more filling! These are also so simple to make, I think they will soon be a favorite of yours too. I know they are always a hit with my family and with Sam’s friends when they visit!
My beef and bean enchilada recipe includes a few simple steps that make these oh so delicious! Like making my own homemade enchilada sauce or my easy blender enchilada sauce to seasoning the beef just perfectly, to assembling and baking in the oven.
If you’d rather not make your own sauce, you can easily substitute your favorite enchilada sauce from the grocery store. Or, plan ahead and make a batch for keeping in the refrigerator until you are ready to make these a few days later. Easy peasy.
How to Make Beef and Bean Enchiladas
For these enchiladas, you will need:
- Ground beef
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Black Beans
- Sour Cream
- Cilantro (optional)
- Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- Enchilada Sauce
Brown. Brown ground beef over medium-low heat and drain to remove any excess drippings.
Stir. Add 1/4 cup enchilada sauce to the browned ground beef and stir until well-combined.
Preheat. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour. Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of an oven safe 9×13 casserole dish.
Cook. Drizzle oil into a skillet over medium-low heat and cook tortillas one at a time for about 1 minute each. Don’t allow to become crispy.
Assemble. Drain tortilla and layer on beef, sour cream, cheese, beans and cilantro. Roll tortilla to keep all ingredients inside. Then place seam side down in the casserole dish. Once all enchiladas have been assembled and placed into dish, pour remaining enchilada sauce over to make sure well-covered. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake. Place in oven and bake 15 minutes, or until all cheese is fully melted.
Serve. Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve.
Other Enchiladas to Try
If you love enchiladas like my family does, then you may want to give some of my other recipes a try:
Here’s my Easy Beef and Bean Enchilada recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Easy Beef and Bean Enchilada Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 10 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 8-ounce package sour cream
- cilantro optional
- 1 cup canned black beans rinses and drained
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 homemade enchilada sauce recipe
- Brown ground beef over medium-low heat. Drain meat to remove any excess drippings. Add 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce into brown meat and stir until well-combined.
- For the Enchilada Assembly
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 oven-safe, casserole dish. Drizzle oil into the bottom of a skillet over a medium-low heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, and cook for about 1 minute each. Do not allow to become crispy.
- Drain tortilla and then layer on beef, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and beans. Roll tortilla to keep all ingredients inside. Then place seam side down in the casserole dish. Once all enchiladas have been assembled and placed into casserole dish, pour remaining enchilada sauce over to make sure well covered. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.
- Remove from oven and top with additional cilantro, if desired.