This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Spaghetti is a quick and delicious meal that’s ready in 20 minutes! Spaghetti with meat sauce cooks in one pot for a fast family favorite dish!
My family absolutely loves spaghetti. So it has always been on regular rotation for suppers at my house. But lately this spaghetti I make in my Instant Pot has been my go-to! I am happy that everything is made in one pot, is ready in minutes, and is packed with delicious flavor. Served with our favorite house salad with croutons, my Instant Pot Spaghetti is ready in 20 minutes for a quick and easy family favorite meal!
Instant Pot Spaghetti
My Instant Pot is such a timesaver for preparing delicious recipes, especially on busy weeknights. I make multiple recipes in it each week – everything from this spaghetti to soups like Chicken Tortilla Soup to “baked potatoes” to desserts like my Oreo Cheesecake. And this spaghetti turns out beautifully made in it!
Here’s how I make it.
How to Make Spaghetti in the Instant Pot
To make my spaghetti in the Instant Pot, you’ll need:
- ground beef – I like to use a lean ground beef that is 90% lean. You can also use ground turkey if you prefer.
- Stone House Seasoning – this is our house blend of salt, pepper and garlic that I make in a large quantity to keep on hand for adding seasoning to dishes in a snap. If you do not have it already made and just need it for this recipe, you can use ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder. I highly encourage you to mix up a batch to keep on hand for the future! I think you’ll love it!
- dried oregano – if you use fresh oregano in this recipe, you’ll only need to use ½ teaspoon.
- crushed tomatoes – I love to use crushed tomatoes in this spaghetti recipe. If you have whole tomatoes, just blend them until smooth to substitute.
- water – the water and crushed tomatoes help to cook the noodles and to form the sauce.
- spaghetti noodles – I have tested this recipe with whole wheat and regular spaghetti noodles with great success.
- Parmesan cheese – grated Parmesan makes a great topping for serving.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and add your ground beef. Cook until the beef has browned, about 5 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and drain away any drippings.
- Return the insert to the Instant Pot and stir in Stone House Seasoning, dried oregano, crushed tomatoes, and water. Stir to combine well. Then, place the broken spaghetti noodles on top of the meat mixture. Add more water, if needed, to make sure that all of the noodles are covered in the Instant Pot.
- Seal the lid to the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Carefully use the quick release method to release any remaining pressure from the Instant Pot. Remove the lid and stir the spaghetti to combine. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Make Ahead Instructions
Even though this recipe is ready in 20 minutes, it also makes a great make ahead meal! Prepare it as instructed, without topping with Parmesan cheese, and then allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Here’s my Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 4.5 cups water
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles broken into half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon as you cook until the ground beef is browned throughout, about 5 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and drain away any excess drippings.
- Add Stone House Seasoning, dried oregano, crushed tomatoes, and water. Stir to combine. Place the spaghetti noodles on top of the meat mixture. Add additional water as needed to make sure that all of the spaghetti noodles are covered.
- Secure the lid onto the Instant Pot and cook for 8 minutes at high pressure. Once cooking has completed, carefully use the quick release to release the remaining pressure. Remove the lid of the Instant Pot and stir the spaghetti to combine.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.