This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Oven Roasted Squash recipe is such a simple yet scrumptious side dish! It’s an easy way to cook squash and brings out so much flavor!
Summer squash is such a versatile, delicious vegetable that goes perfectly with so many main dishes. It’s so easy to add this squash as a side dish anytime with this simple, favorite recipe.
I love those summers when we have a huge bounty of squash from our garden. It’s always a battle between the deer, rabbits and me to see who can enjoy more of the squash. I don’t mind sharing a bit of my garden with them, but I have so many recipes I enjoy making so I always try to harvest as much as I can for my family and to share with friends.
I can count on this simple Oven Roasted Squash recipe for an easy side dish anytime. And it’s so flavorful, I think you are going to enjoy it too!
Oven Roasted Squash
Whether I gather my summer squash from my own garden bounty or from my local farm stand, I love to make many different recipes with it. Many nights when we grill out, I place this along with other vegetables on kebabs. And I love to make my Squash Casserole for big family meals too. But one of my favorite quick, simple, easy as pie ways to cook squash is to oven roast it. It’s ready in just a few minutes, doesn’t require a whole lot of effort and it always turns out delicious.
How to Cook Oven Roasted Squash
Buttery, flavorful, and out of this world – all words I use to describe this recipe.
Here’s how I make it.
- squash – about 2 pounds of fresh squash
- olive oil – enhances the flavor of the squash
- black pepper
- Preheat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare. Clean the squash well. Slice the squash lengthwise in a uniform thickness of about ¼ inch. Place the squash slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve. Once squash is done, remove from oven and serve warm.
It makes the perfect side dish for just about anything you’re serving for supper in the summer or anytime. Pair it with Baked Chicken Breast or a skillet steak or alongside a hearty salad. I think this squash goes with just about anything!
More Delicious Squash Recipes
Zucchini Pasta – zucchini noodles
Oven Roasted Squash Recipe
- 2 pounds squash
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean squash and then slice lengthwise to uniform thickness, about ¼ of an inch. Place on kitchen sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place in oven and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.