This Oven Roasted Squash recipe makes a quick and easy side dish! It is a simple way to cook squash with so much flavor!
Summer squash is such a delicious vegetable that goes perfectly with so many main dishes. It makes the perfect side dish for just about anything you’re serving for supper in the summer or anytime. Pair it with baked chicken breast, grilled chicken, or a skillet steak or alongside a hearty salad. I think this squash goes with just about anything!
How to Cook Oven Roasted Squash
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Squash – about 2 pounds of fresh squash
- Olive oil – enhances the flavor of the squash
- Stone House Seasoning – my favorite house seasoning blend of salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. I love to keep it on hand to flavor dishes. You can also substitute with salt and black pepper.
Preheat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prepare. Clean the squash well. Slice the squash lengthwise in a uniform thickness of about 1/4 inch.
Add olive oil. Place the squash slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
Season the squash. Sprinkle with Stone House Seasoning or just use salt and pepper.
Cook. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until tender.
Serve. Once squash is done, remove from oven and serve warm.
To make ahead. Cook and cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
To freeze. Cool and cool. Store in airtight freezer-safe containers for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, reheat, and serve. Note that the texture of the squash may be softer after being frozen.
More Delicious Squash Recipes
Zucchini Pasta – zucchini noodles
Oven Roasted Squash Recipe
- 2 pounds squash, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided amongst the squash slices
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning, or use 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean squash and then slice lengthwise to uniform thickness, about 1/4 of an inch. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with Stone House Seasoning or salt and pepper. Place in oven and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.