Spiced Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
Caramel apple dip is another must have recipe around my house. It’s perfect for a quick dip to take to a potluck, snacking during the big game, and to have when friends drop by for a visit. And during the cooler months of fall and winter, it tastes even better with spices – like a bite of apple pie.
You’ve just got to try it. I promise, you’ll thank me.
This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days, making the perfect make-ahead treat for weekends and entertaining.
Here’s how I make it.
You don’t want to bite into crunchy sugar when you eat this.
Add one teaspoon of vanilla.
Add in apple pie spice. Throw in a pinch of salt. Mix well.
Sprinkle with a blend of cinnamon, ginger, and cardamon on the top.
- 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of apple pie spice for topping
- Cream together cream cheese and sugars.
- Make sure sugars are well-combined.
- Mix in spices and combine well.
- Top with sprinkle of apple pie spice.
- Serve with apple slices.
And yes, you can go ahead and slice your apples ahead of time, too. In a medium bowl, pour in a can of ginger ale, Sprite, or 7-Up, or even pineapple juice. As you slice your apples, simply place them in the bowl and then cover and refrigerate. Right before the party, remove slices from the liquid and serve.