This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Baked eggs make a simple, delicious meal perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a light supper. These tomato baked eggs are hearty and filling.
Eggs, eggs, eggs. We’re covered in them lately and I make every recipe I can think of to use them as much as possible. Like these tomato baked eggs. Oh my goodness, are they ever delicious. And easy, too!
That’s a combination I sure love. Easy + delicious = a surefire winner in my book!
And I love that it is a simple skillet recipe.
I can just layer on the ingredients, pop it into the oven and then serve a filling, amazing breakfast with hardly any effort at all.
Here’s my recipe for Tomato Baked Eggs. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Tomato Baked Eggs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet. Swirl butter in skillet to well coat bottom and sides. Add sliced tomatoes, onions, garlic. Top with grated cheese.
- Crack each egg and add to skillet on top of other ingredients, evenly distributing in skillet and taking care not to burst yolk.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and run a silicon spatula around the edge of the skillet to help release baked eggs from skillet, if needed. Slide onto a serving platter for serving. Top with chopped cilantro or parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also like these eggs recipes:
Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan Baked Eggs from Picky-Palate