A great Beef Enchilada Recipe really is hard to beat. Don’t you think?
And over the years, I have tried plenty. But, finally, when I made this beef enchilada recipe, I knew it was the final one for me.
So simple to make, yet so scrumptious to eat.
That definitely makes it a win-win in my book.
Now, I will tell you that my beef enchilada recipe includes a few steps, but boy are they worth it.
From making my own homemade enchilada sauce, to seasoning the beef just perfectly, to assembling and baking in the oven – it all just works.
But, if you’d rather not make your own sauce, you can easily substitute your favorite enchilada sauce from the grocery store. Or, plan ahead and make a batch for keeping in the refrigerator until you are ready to make these a few days later.
Regardless, just make them.
You won’t be sorry!
Here’s my Beef Enchilada Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 10 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) package sour cream
- cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 homemade enchilada sauce recipe
- Brown ground beef over medium-low heat. Drain meat to remove any excess drippings. Add ¼ cup of enchilada sauce into brown meat and stir until well-combined.
- For the Enchilada Assembly
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Pour ½ cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 oven-safe, casserole dish.
- Drizzle oil into the bottom of a skillet over a medium-low heat. Add corn tortillas, one at a time, and cook for about 1 minute each. Do not allow to become crispy.
- Drain tortilla and then layer on beef, sour cream, cheese and cilantro. Roll tortilla to keep all ingredients inside. Then place seam side down in the casserole dish. Once all enchiladas have been assembled and placed into casserole dish, pour remaining enchilada sauce over to make sure well covered. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.
- Remove from oven and top with additional cilantro, if desired.
If you enjoy this Beef Enchilada Recipe, you may also enjoy: