Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings that are so deliciously crispy you might think they are deep-fried! This easy chicken wings recipe has tips for making the perfect wings at home!
Football, weekend gatherings with friends, and parties are perfect times to enjoy buffalo wings! Make them at home with this recipe that absolutely makes really amazing and crispy buffalo wings! Top them with my delectable homemade buffalo sauce and pair them with ranch or blue cheese dressing and chilled celery sticks, and dig in!
Spicy and delicious, these Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings are some of our favorites and are always a hit when I make them. I love how easy they are to make for casual meals and appetizers alike. Because they aren’t deep-fried, they are a snap to make. Yet you’d never guess these are baked because they are so crispy! Baked to perfection in the oven, they get so golden and crispy. Everyone enjoys them so much that I find myself making them often!
Table of Contents
- Why I Love This Recipe
- Ingredients for Crispy Buffalo Wings
- How to Make Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Storage Instructions
- Tips for Crispy Buffalo Wings – No Frying
- Ways to Serve Buffalo Chicken Wings
- More Chicken Wings and Buffalo Recipes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
My family loves buffalo chicken wings. Since chicken wings are usually dropped into the deep fryer to cook, I just knew that I could remake them at home in a bit healthier way so that I would feel better about eating them and serving them to my family. So my recipe development and testing began.
Even though we enjoy them so much, we are a little particular about how we like them. My husband and both love CRISPY buffalo wings. Our preference for the amount of sauce may differ, but from our idea of the perfect buffalo wings, these scrumptious, crispy baked wings were born.
To make these delicious baked chicken wings at home, I turned to my oven. No frying is required. It makes making these buffalo chicken wings even easier and so much less messy!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Crispy without the frying – Since these don’t have to spend time cooking in a load of oil, they are a bit better for us than eating the deep-fried version.
- Easy to make – With quick prep of fewer than 10 minutes, these are so easy to bake in the oven to enjoy anytime!
- Delicious as an appetizer or simple meal – These crispy wings are hard to beat for football parties or a casual meal!
Ingredients for Crispy Buffalo Wings
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- Chicken Wings – Six pounds of chicken wings, trimmed.
- Cornstarch – This will help give the wings that desirable crunchy and crispy crust.
- Stone House Seasoning – This is my family’s house seasoning I keep on hand at all times. It’s delicious and adds so much flavor.
- Buffalo Sauce – A delicious sauce that you can tailor to your level of spiciness. I keep it made in my fridge, ready to use for Buffalo Chicken Dip, these wings, or to add a kick to many other foods. The flavor is amazing!
- Blue Cheese Dressing – optional
- Ranch Dressing – optional
How to Make Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Prep. I preheat my oven and then line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and then arrange a wire rack on top of the lined baking sheet.
- Dry. To get my crispy wings, it’s important to start by drying the wings really well. Pat them dry very well with paper towels to remove the moisture from the chicken wings so that the next step is successful.
- Season. For the next step, I whisk together my cornstarch and Stone House Seasoning and then pour it over my chicken wings. Then, I lightly toss the chicken wings in the cornstarch mixture to make sure they are well coated. Since we aren’t frying the chicken wings, the cornstarch serves to help give the chicken wings a nice crispy, crunchy crust on the outside when they bake.
- Bake. Then, I bake my chicken wings until the skin is crispy. This usually takes about 50 minutes. I then remove them from the wire rack and toss them in my buffalo sauce. For those who like their buffalo chicken wings wet with sauce, they are ready to be served. For those like me, who like a drier buffalo chicken wing, I return them to the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes before serving.
- Serve. To serve them, place them onto a platter and serve them with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for dipping! They are perfect for parties, get-togethers, watching games, and even enjoying as a meal if you like!
To store. Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the oven and serve.
To freeze. Cook and cool completely. Portion into a freezer-safe container(s). Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, reheat in oven, and serve with buffalo sauce.
Tips for Crispy Buffalo Wings – No Frying
- Dry. The trick to the crispiest buffalo chicken wings without frying is to make sure that your chicken wings are dry. You’ll want to pat them dry with paper towels to do this.
- Coat. A bit of cornstarch with your seasonings to coat your chicken wings helps the baked buffalo chicken wings to have an incredibly crispy texture without being tough and overcooked.
Ways to Serve Buffalo Chicken Wings
My family loves these wings for so many occasions! They make the perfect appetizer for tailgating or casual parties. And they are just as fabulous for a simple meal.
For serving chicken wings as appetizers, I always serve my homemade Ranch dressing, Blue Cheese dressing, and my Comeback Sauce for dipping. Crisp celery sticks and carrot sticks are the perfect cool, crunchy veggies to have with these spicy wings.
When serving wings as a casual meal, I sometimes leave some baked wings without the buffalo sauce and serve it on the side for kids or those that don’t like really spicy foods. For a meal, I’ll serve those favorite dressings for dipping. Fries or baked potatoes and sometimes a simple salad make these wings a much-loved easy meal.
More Chicken Wings and Buffalo Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Leftover chicken wings, if stored properly, should be good to eat for up to 3-4 days when kept in the refrigerator.
Toss the wings in buffalo sauce after they’ve been cooked. The wings in this recipe will be very crispy and will hold the sauce better than they would if added prior to cooking.
Here’s my Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Baked Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and arrange a wire rack on the lined baking sheet. Spray the wire rack with nonstick cooking spray or spritz with olive oil.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and Stone House Seasoning in a small bowl. Pour the cornstarch and seasoning mix over the chicken wings and toss until all are well coated.
- Remove each coated chicken wing and place onto the prepared wire rack lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken wings have been coated. Place into the oven and bake until the chicken has cooked through and the skin is crispy, 50 to 55 minutes. If you prefer your chicken wings on the drier side, return them to the oven for another 5 to 8 minutes once they have been coated in the buffalo sauce and then serve.
- Meanwhile, prepare the buffalo sauce according to the recipe. Once the chicken wings have cooked, remove them from the oven and lightly toss in the buffalo sauce until well coated. Serve hot with the blue cheese dip and / or ranch dressing.
Storage TipsTo store. Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the oven and serve. To freeze. Cook and cool completely. Portion into a freezer-safe container(s). Freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, reheat in the oven, and serve with buffalo sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.