Egg salad has to be one of my favorite foods in all the land. It is so simple to make and enjoy on toasted bread as a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce as a… well… salad.
And even though the simplest of egg salad just involves hard cooked eggs that I make in the oven, a little bit of mayonnaise, salt and pepper, I fell in love with this version while I was in high school. It only takes about three more seconds to make this version (well, maybe a touch more than that, but you get my drift!).
The olives add a little bit of brininess, the pimentos a touch of sweetness, and the onions just round it all out.
I totally cheat by just using green olives stuffed with the pimentos, too. They are like a win-win when making this egg salad recipe.
So, you may want to add a few more eggs to your planning for Easter this year just so you can make this egg salad with olives. It’s pretty awesome.
Egg Salad with Olives Recipe
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives stuffed with pimentos
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- Place eggs into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and mash with a fork or using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer. Add mayonnaise and mix together until well-combined and eggs are light and fluffy. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir in sliced olives and pimentos and onion into egg salad.
If you love eggs as much as I do, you may also like these recipes: