This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Egg salad has to be one of my favorite foods in all the land. It is so simple to make and enjoy on toasted bread as a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce as a… well… salad.
And even though the simplest of egg salad just involves hard cooked eggs that I make in the oven, a little bit of mayonnaise, salt and pepper, I fell in love with this version while I was in high school. It only takes about three more seconds to make this version (well, maybe a touch more than that, but you get my drift!).
The olives add a little bit of brininess, the pimentos a touch of sweetness, and the onions just round it all out.
I totally cheat by just using green olives stuffed with the pimentos, too. They are like a win-win when making this egg salad recipe.
So, you may want to add a few more eggs to your planning for Easter this year just so you can make this egg salad with olives. It’s pretty awesome.
Egg Salad with Olives Recipe
- 6 hard cooked eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives stuffed with pimentos
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- Place eggs into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and mash with a fork or using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer. Add mayonnaise and mix together until well-combined and eggs are light and fluffy. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir in sliced olives and pimentos and onion into egg salad.
If you love eggs as much as I do, you may also like these recipes: