Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
Easy Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe is quick to make for a meal that is juicy and full of flavor.
We love quick and easy chicken recipes that are packed full of flavor and this easy cilantro lime chicken recipe certainly does not disappoint. Made with a simple cilantro lime marinade and then grilled to perfection, this chicken is perfect for a quick meal!
Easy Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
The key to this delicious chicken recipe begins with the cilantro lime marinade. You can easily make it and allow the chicken to marinate for an hour prior to grilling the chicken or if you love to meal prep, you can toss it all together in the morning and allow it to marinate all day so that it is ready to cook when you get home in the evening.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
Cilantro – For this marinade, I use 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro. Be sure to also include the stems in the marinade as they have a great deal of flavor in them as well. I also use more chopped fresh cilantro once the chicken has finished cooking, so in total you’ll need 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for the entire recipe. This is generally a fairly large bunch of cilantro. If you do not care for cilantro, you can substitute fresh flat leaf parsley in this recipe.
Lime – Again, I use a good bit of lime in this recipe as well. My marinade includes the lime zest as well as fresh lime juice. You’ll need 1/4 cup of lime juice and about 2 tablespoons of lime zest. This is generally about 2 large juicy limes. You’ll also need more limes for the final recipe and for serving, so I generally use about 4 limes, but this will be based on how you are serving your final chicken.
Cumin – Cilantro and cumin are so flavorful together in this recipe. You’ll want to use about 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin in the marinade.
Cayenne pepper – I love to include cayenne pepper in this chicken marinade. It adds just the perfect amount of spice to the chicken without being overpowering. You can of course omit this if you do not like cayenne pepper or you may substitute it with paprika for color without heat.
Stone House Seasoning – I include my homemade seasoning blend in this recipe. The seasoning blend is garlic, salt and pepper in just the perfect ratio, in my opinion. It adds so much to this recipe without making it too salty or have too much garlic. It is just right!
Olive Oil – I also include a little olive oil in this marinade.
To make the cilantro lime chicken marinade, I add all of the ingredients to a large liquid measuring cup (I use my 4-cup) and whisk together with a fork. I then add my chicken to a zip top freezer bag and then pour the marinade over the chicken. Remove as much air as possible from the bag as you seal it and then place onto a baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto a grill or grill pan that you have heated to medium heat and brushed with olive oil.
Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165º F when checked with an internal meat thermometer. Remove the chicken from the grill and top with fresh lime juice and cilantro for serving. Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
I love to cut my chicken into pieces and serve as a part of a large salad platter. That way, everyone can include exactly what they love as part of their salad, or grab a grilled tortilla and make a wrap.
Favorite Ingredients to Include this Salad Platter
- Mixed Salad Greens
- Green Onions
- Grilled Tortillas
- Additional Limes and Cilantro
More Favorite Recipes with Cilantro and Lime:
Here’s my Easy Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- Grill or Grill Pan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 5 large limes divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for brushing grill
- Add chicken to a zip top freezer bag.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime zest, 1/4 cup lime juice, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, Stone House Seasoning, and olive oil. Pour over the chicken. Remove as much air as possible as your seal the bag. Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour to marinate.
- To cook, preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush with olive oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade, and place onto the grill or grill pan. Cook for 3 minutes on one side and then turn. Cook until the chicken reaches 165º F when checked with an internal meat thermometer. Tranfer the chicken to a platter and top with 1 tablespoon more of lime juice and remaining chopped cilantro.