This simple fruit cobbler recipe is perfect for when you need a quick and easy dessert.
I’m excited to share this almost too easy to believe Simple Fruit Cobbler recipe as part of my simple, easy recipes series. Y’all know how much I love my Grandmother’s cobbler recipes for peach, blackberry, and even her chocolate, but sometimes I need a simple dessert recipe that I can let the oven do all the work for me and that still impresses.
With my simple fruit cobbler recipe, you can have a warm, delicious, buttery cobbler ready in minutes that you are going to just love!
Here’s how I make it.
Melt one stick of butter in a baking dish, a square 9×9 works fine.
Then, in a large bowl, mix together sugar…
some self-rising flour…
Mix together until well-combined. It comes together really quickly.
Pour into baking dish on top of your melted butter. Don’t stir it in with the butter, just pour it on in there.
Don’t worry, it’ll rise up during baking.
Now comes the hardest part – deciding what fruit you want to use in your cobbler!
Apple? Blackberry? Peach? Cherry? Blueberry?
It’s hard to decide, isn’t it?
But I chose peach.
Just open up a can of your favorite fruit or pie filling and pour it into the baking dish on top of the other ingredients.
Same instructions as last time – don’t stir. But do make sure you get your fruit evenly distributed so that every serving of cobbler has some of that delicious fruit in it.
Bake for about 45 minutes and then behold!
And then… dig in!
Simple Fruit Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups pie filling canned fruit with syrup, or sweetened fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a baking dish.
- Mix together flour, sugar and milk and pour over melted butter. Do not stir.
- Pour pie filling, canned fruit with syrup or sweetened fresh fruit over other ingredients.
- Do not stir as batter will bubble up through filling to create a cobbler crust.
- Remove from oven and serve with a scoop of ice cream.