Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops – The slow cooker makes these BBQ pork chops fork tender and a family favorite! Just 5 minutes of prep time make this a favorite weeknight meal!
These pork chops have been a family favorite at my house for more years than I can remember. They are so tender that a fork is all you need to devour them! The BBQ sauce slowly flavors the pork chops as they cook, making every bite so tasty!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops Recipe
What is a Pork Chop?
A pork chop is a lean cut of pork taken from the loin of the pig. The loin of the pig runs from the shoulder to the hip. There are different types of pork chops, depending on the areas of the loin from which they are cut. It usually includes a rib or portion of the vertebrae for a bone-in pork chop or the bone may be trimmed away for a boneless pork chop.
What Pork Chops Work Best for Slow Cooker Pork Chops?
I have found that not only for this recipe, but for any recipe where you cook pork chops in the slow cooker to be very versatile. You can use your favorite pork chop with great results.
- Bone-in or Boneless
- Fresh or thawed from frozen
- Thick or thin sliced
Can I Use Frozen Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker?
For food safety reasons, I prefer to use fresh pork chops or, if they are frozen, I prefer to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or thaw them in the microwave before cooking in the slow cooker.
How to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops
This recipe couldn’t be much simpler to make if you tried!
What you need:
- Slow Cooker – I use a 6-quart slow cooker, but for this recipe a larger or smaller one will work fine.
- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Pork Chops – Your favorite
- BBQ Sauce – Use your favorite BBQ sauce
- Prep. Lightly coat the interior of your slow cooker with olive oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer. Pour about 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Arrange a single layer of pork chops in the slow cooker. Top with about 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. Repeat with more meat, then BBQ sauce until all of the meat is in the slow cooker. End with BBQ sauce. Reserve about 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce for serving.
- Cook. Set on LOW setting for 7 hours. Remove the pork chops from the slow cooker and serve with additional BBQ sauce.
My Favorite BBQ Sauces to Use for Pork Chops:
- Homemade BBQ Sauce – a classic BBQ sauce
- Mama’s Coca Cola BBQ Sauce – a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce
- Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce – a fruity sweet and spicy BBQ sauce
- Mustard BBQ Sauce – if you prefer a mustard-based BBQ sauce
What Side Dishes to Serve with Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops?
The possibilities are endless for side dishes that work with this recipe. Here are a few of my favorites:
Here’s my recipe. I hope you love it!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops
- 6-8 pork chops
- BBQ sauce
- Coat slow cooker with olive oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Arrange pork chops in a single layer in the slow cooker. Spread about 1/4 cup more BBQ sauce on top of pork chops. Repeat layers of pork chops and BBQ sauce, ending with BBQ sauce. Reserve about 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce for serving.
- Cook on LOW setting for 7 hours. Remove the pork chops from the slow cooker and serve with additional BBQ sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
I hope you have a great week!