Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes are a scrumptious grill favorite! With a subtle spiciness, they make a great side dish ready in under 30 minutes!
Sweet potatoes always make a delicious dish and are so versatile! From my quick and easy Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes to scrumptious sweet potato casserole, just to name a couple of recipes, they are always delicious favorites. But I can’t wait for you to try this grilled recipe! It’s the perfect side dish to pair with so many other recipes.
The grill releases the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes and is such an easy way to prepare them! My recipe for these Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes is ready in less than 30 minutes, has such incredible flavor, and is such a tasty way to enjoy this much-loved vegetable.
How to Make Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes
The perfect side dish for so many dishes couldn’t be any easier or more delicious to make!
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Sweet potatoes – scrubbed and washed well.
- Olive oil – I use extra virgin olive oil.
- Stone House Seasoning -this is my family house seasoning (why it bears my last name), and it’s delicious to season this dish and so many others, as well as to keep it made and ready to use on your table!
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Fresh cilantro and fresh lime wedges – Both are optional. Even so, I highly recommend using these ingredients as they enhance the flavor of this recipe so much!
Peel and slice. Peel your sweet potatoes and then slice them into 1/4-inch thick slices. I like to slice in medallions, but you could also slice longways so that you have long planks.
Coat and add spices. Add your olive oil, Stone House Seasoning, cumin, and chili powder. Toss to make sure that all of your slices are well coated.
Grill the potato slices. Place your sweet potatoes onto your grill or grill pan that has been preheated to medium heat. I like to use tongs to place my slices onto the grill. Close the grill top and cook for 6 minutes. Carefully lift the grill lid and turn the slices with your tongs. Close the lid and cook for another 6 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender throughout and have grill marks on the outside.
Garnish and Serve. Transfer your cooked sweet potato slices to a large serving bowl. Top with chopped fresh cilantro and lime juice, if using, and serve.
Can You Prep This Recipe Ahead?
Yes, this is a perfect recipe for prepping ahead when you are ready to grill. Simply add your sliced sweet potatoes to a bowl of cool water, cover, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Then when ready to prepare them, drain the potatoes and pat the slices dry. Then proceed with the recipe as directed.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions
To make ahead. Cook as directed and cool. Transfer to an airtight storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven, air fryer, or microwave until the potatoes are heated throughout.
To freeze. Cook as directed and cool completely. Transfer to an airtight, freezer-safe container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat and serve.
More Favorite Sweet Potato Recipes
Here’s my Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes. I hope you enjoy them!
Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Stone House Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, optional
- 1 medium lime, optional
- Spray a grill or grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a large bowl along with the olive oil, Stone House Seasoning, ground cumin, and chili powder. Toss to coat. Arrange the coated sweet potato slices on the hot grill and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and top with the chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.