This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Steak Fajitas Recipe – Steak fajitas make a quick and easy meal perfect for weeknight suppers or weekend celebrations! Made with beef, peppers, onions and served with a stack of warm tortillas and condiments. They are always a favorite!
This Steak Fajita Recipe is the perfect dish for time-crunched suppers! It is easy and delicious and is a life-saver on rushed nights like we all have from time to time! My Chicken Fajitas are another favorite family meal for times like this. Both are just as perfect on the weekends to serve family and friends for a casual meal everyone enjoys.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
I like to take this amazing steak fajitas recipe even further in the time-saving and easy-peasy department. I like to prep it the night before when I know I will serve it the next day.
How to Make Steak Fajitas with Meal Prep Tips:
My steak fajitas recipe is perfect for easy meal prep to make weeknight meals even easier! Here’s how to meal prep my steak fajitas:
- Slice peppers and onion and make the marinade.
- Place the veggies in one zip-top bag and the steak in another. Add ⅓ of the marinade to each bag, seal it, and turn the bag to make sure that all of the ingredients are coated with the marinade.
- Put it all in the refrigerator to marinate overnight. Refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- It’s ready in minutes when I cook it for supper the next evening.
Now that is perfect for a quick and easy dinner!
Here’s my family favorite Steak Fajita Recipe. I hope it helps you with supper when you are short on time. Most of all, I hope you love it as much as we do!
Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 2 pounds skirt, flank, sirloin, or hanger steak sliced into ½ inch strips
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 green or yellow pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6-8 tortillas warmed
- Place the steak into a sealable bag. Place the peppers and onion into a separate sealable bag. Add the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic to a jar with a screw top or tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Pour ⅓ of the marinade over steak, ⅓ of marinade over vegetables and reserve the remaining marinade in the jar for using when cooking the steak fajitas. Seal the bags tightly and refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the vegetables into the skillet and cook until just tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the skillet to a plate and add steak strips to the same skillet. When the steak is cooked throughout (about 7-10 minutes), add vegetables back to the skillet along with the reserved marinade.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired optional garnishes.