Strawberry Biscuit Rolls are an easy, elegant twist on biscuits. This strawberry biscuit rolls recipe is perfect for entertaining or a fun family treat.
Biscuits are one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. They are perfect for so many occasions, from the most basic of breakfasts to the fanciest of feasts. They are just the perfect partner for about any meal you can think of serving.
And biscuit rolls are seriously one of my favorite things to make for a simple, yet scrumptious breakfast or brunch. They are such a fun twist on classic buttermilk biscuits!
I’ve shared a few versions of my biscuit rolls with you previously, like my cinnamon roll biscuits and cinnamon roll biscuit wreath which are perfect when you crave cinnamon rolls but don’t have time to wait for a yeast dough to rise. These little biscuit rolls fed our craving one morning and we’ve been on a roll ever since! (Excuse the pun!)
Well, these strawberry biscuit rolls are just as big of a hit at my house and are perfect for welcoming warmer weather! And, they are great for a fun twist to your morning biscuits or even for serving at brunch social events like a shower, teacher appreciation breakfast, Easter, Mother’s Day brunch, or even just dropping a pan of them off at a neighbor’s house to brighten their morning.
Table of Contents
How to Make Strawberry Biscuit Rolls Recipe
Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full listing of ingredients, instructions, notes, and estimated nutritional information.
- For the strawberry biscuit rolls, you’ll need flour, butter, buttermilk, and strawberry jam or jelly.
- For the glaze, you’ll need strawberry jelly, confectioners’ sugar, and milk.
Make your biscuit dough just like you are going to make biscuits. Go through the entire process of rolling out your biscuit dough.
Then, grab your favorite strawberry or other fruit jam, jelly, or fruit spread.
Spread a layer of strawberry fruit onto the top of your biscuit dough.
Roll your biscuit dough into a long log and then cut into about 1 1/2 – 2 inches thick and place into your prepared skillet or round cake pan. While my biscuit rolls are baking, I mix up a quick strawberry glaze to drizzle on top when they come out of the oven. It is totally an optional step, but a delicious addition that I recommend.
More Biscuit Recipes
Here’s my Strawberry Biscuit Rolls recipe. I hope you love them.
Strawberry Biscuit Rolls Recipe
For the Strawberry Biscuit Rolls
- 1 buttermilk biscuits
- about 1/4 cup strawberry fruit spread
For the Glaze
- 3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry fruit spread
- 1 teaspoon milk
- for the strawberry biscuit rolls
- Preheat oven to 475º F. Grease a skillet or round cake pan and set aside.
- Prepare buttermilk biscuits according to instructions all the way through rolling out your biscuit dough. Spread strawberry fruit spread on top of biscuit dough and roll dough into a long log. Cut dough into 1 1/2-inch to 2-inch slices. Place into prepared skillet or round cake pan. Bake 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are cooked throughout. Remove from oven and drizzle with optional glaze.
- for the glaze
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the glaze. If you prefer a thinner glaze, add more milk. If you prefer a thicker glaze, add more confectioner’s sugar.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.